GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

listen to this garbage.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
So here's the deal... The GTI I configured and bought was supposed to have the SILVER Khartoum rims on it, instead somewhere between the salesperson and the person who ordered the parts, something got screwed up and I ended up with the SMOKED ones instead. Placing your opinion of which one looks better to the side for a moment. Do you think that I am entitled to some type of compensation from the dealer? He is stating that he emailed me a parts list before they were ordered and I should have looked it over and noticed the error myself. I looked it over for price verification but how the hell am i going to differentiate VW part codes? this is what the list looked like:
Part#1KM-071-609-U-9AX Skirt $443.51

Part#1K0-071-610-UB-9AX Skirt $499.95

Part#1KM-071-685-U-9AX Side Sill $508.60

Part#1KO-071-498-V7U Alu Rim $448.71 x 4 $1683.56

How was I supposed to know V7U were the smoked ones? Was I to assume complete incompetence? I thought this was part of buying a new car, you ask for something, pay for it, and it's done. The dealers second claim is that when I came to pick up the car (8:30 pm) I should have noticed the difference and made it clear then. I was trying to be cool, and get out of there ASAP so everyone at the dealership could go home. I didn't think it was a "touch it, you own it" situation.
Anyhow I'm asking to either replace the wheels with the correct ones, or install my Eibach Pro-Kit for free. Do you guy's think I'm right or wrong? They keep jerking me around offering me free oil change and detailing....how can I get this fixed?

As BUBBA the LOVE SPONGE say's "I'm about Half HOT right NOW, and the meter is rising.":evil:

GTT

Touring Car Champion
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
So here's the deal... The GTI I configured and bought was supposed to have the SILVER Khartoum rims on it, instead somewhere between the salesperson and the person who ordered the parts, something got screwed up and I ended up with the SMOKED ones instead. Placing your opinion of which one looks better to the side for a moment. Do you think that I am entitled to some type of compensation from the dealer? He is stating that he emailed me a parts list before they were ordered and I should have looked it over and noticed the error myself. I looked it over for price verification but how the hell am i going to differentiate VW part codes? this is what the list looked like:
Part#1KM-071-609-U-9AX Skirt $443.51

Part#1K0-071-610-UB-9AX Skirt $499.95

Part#1KM-071-685-U-9AX Side Sill $508.60

Part#1KO-071-498-V7U Alu Rim $448.71 x 4 $1683.56

How was I supposed to know V7U were the smoked ones? Was I to assume complete incompetence? I thought this was part of buying a new car, you ask for something, pay for it, and it's done. The dealers second claim is that when I came to pick up the car (8:30 pm) I should have noticed the difference and made it clear then. I was trying to be cool, and get out of there ASAP so everyone at the dealership could go home. I didn't think it was a "touch it, you own it" situation.
Anyhow I'm asking to either replace the wheels with the correct ones, or install my Eibach Pro-Kit for free. Do you guy's think I'm right or wrong? They keep jerking me around offering me free oil change and detailing....how can I get this fixed?

As BUBBA the LOVE SPONGE say's "I'm about Half HOT right NOW, and the meter is rising.":evil:
EDIT:

I see you did take delivery. That sucks. You signed the papers and that indicates your acceptance of the car in it's condition.
However, I don't understand the dealerships attitude towards this situation.
It's an obvious error on their part, and then on your part for not noticing the color of the wheels in the evening.

You should speak with the sales manager and/or the owner of the dealership.
BTW, you have the stock 17's with tires correct?

So, be nice and tell the sales manager and/or owner that a mistake was made and it was not your mistake. Explain calmly that you can not nor do you understand VW options codes, thus there is no way you could verify the color of the wheel.
The wheels are an option, as I believe you are keeping the stock 17's?
If so, the solution is quite simple, the dealer can return the incorrectly ordered wheels and get you the correct wheels.
It's really that simple.
You've ordered quite a full featured car and there is NO reason why you shouldn't get exactly what you ordered.

My feeling is that you are entitled to get what you asked and paid for and that is the correct wheels in the correct color. If you are willing to accept their error, then you should be offered a discount.
However, since you did take delivery it puts you in a different negociating position since you now can't walk away from the deal, unless you live in a state where customers are allowed something like 72 hours to change their mind.

If you're dealing with only your sales guy that could be part of the problem as he doesn't want to account for his mistake.
But, you need to be talking to a sales manager and preferably the dealership owner.

T

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
when did you realize that you didn't get the color you thought you wanted? I remembered your gti when I saw the pictures, I was just trying to figure out what the difference between smoked and silver when it's on the car. To be honest, your car looks sweet, and I don't see a problem. But you paid big $$$ for those wheels so they should look exactly how you want them.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Your car looks great. IMHO, it happened for reason. The smoked wheels acent your ride. Leave well enough alone and go out and enjoy your ride!

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
The dealers second claim is that when I came to pick up the car (8:30 pm) I should have noticed the difference and made it clear then. I was trying to be cool, and get out of there ASAP so everyone at the dealership could go home. I didn't think it was a "touch it, you own it" situation.

I would support the dealer on this one. You signed for the car which means you accepted it as it is. The fact that you did not inspect the car for proper spec (and damage, I assume), means you approved it as is.

Only an overly kind dealer would help you out of you pickle. Why should they accept back used wheels off you car now?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
IMO the smoked wheels look very good and complement the car nicely.
The grey GTI would look ugly with shiny shilver wheels. Leave that for blue (heh). Your car looks great with the smoked. Very stylish and classy.

GTI2007

cmdrfire said:
IMO the smoked wheels look very good and complement the car nicely.
The grey GTI would look ugly with shiny shilver wheels. Leave that for blue (heh). Your car looks great with the smoked. Very stylish and classy.

I have seen pics of an UG GTI with chrome wheels and to my opinion it looks great

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sucks man. They aren't liable for anything, that's for sure. Being the nice guy has gotten me the shaft several times. Like closing on your house because you were already moving out and stuff wasn't done on your new home. They are done once you sign the dotted line. I think they look good but I know how you feel. If they do exchange them I'd be surprised.

davooch

Passed Driver's Ed
Take what you can get because they owe you nothing. You had two chances to catch it and missed both. I'm not sure how you can hold someone else responsible for your own actions... but such is most of the world these days. Just think of it as a really expensive learning experience.