GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Little grills by map lights??

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What are those strange little grills up by the moon roof controls, near the map lights? There are no speakers there, which is good cause that would be a horrible placement. It would be cool if they were like vents on a airplane but nothing comes out of them no matter what you turn the climate controls to. Are they just for looks? I am just curious.....:iono:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i think they are scneted aint they.

nah i have no idea

SSS_Hoon

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
loccusst said:
What are those strange little grills up by the moon roof controls, near the map lights? There are no speakers there, which is good cause that would be a horrible placement. It would be cool if they were like vents on a airplane but nothing comes out of them no matter what you turn the climate controls to. Are they just for looks? I am just curious.....:iono:

If you have noticed, this is common on many cars. It is the grill to cover a mirophone and/or speaker for a feature not all cars yet have in all places. It would make no sense to me to mold more than one version of the cover when the grill is not unattractive and causes no problem being there if unused.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
It's the microphone for the VW telephone preparation.
My car's got the phone prep and I think there's two mics, one for driver side and one for passenger side.
Don't know if you guys in the US get the phone prep.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
cmdrfire said:
It's the microphone for the VW telephone preparation.

What he said:thumbsup:

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I had my bluetooth kit installed yesterday and those grills are not for mic/phones but are indeed for the internal alarm system is what I was told. Not sure if this is the case. I dont see the alarm motion detectors anywhere else.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the alarm motion sensors in our cars in aus are on the passneger side of the car near the handles from the roof you can see it bout 10cm long and 2 cm wide.

i too thought that they were for the phone but not really sure and couldnt find anything in the manual

SSS_Hoon

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, nothing in the manual about them......another one of those great German mysteries I guess.