GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newly weds options:starter home or small apartment?

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
Getting married Aug. 12 2006, fiance graduates in May with Assoc. in Culinary Arts. I just started a new job training for inside sales at Unistrut Carolinas.
Would like some feed back and recommendations.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Starter home! Get on it now... the longer you wait the harder it is! It's an investment and it will be all worth it in the long run.

Good luck!

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Starter home for sure, yeah it's a little more $$ and more maintenance but worth it in the long run.. renting SUCKS

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
renting is tossing your money down the pooper. No matter what you buy it will probbly increase in value the day after you buy it.

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
Scotaku said:
I'll join the chorus. Renting sucks. Unless you're the landlord. :evil:

Newlyweds argue over money so TALK NOW! If it turns out that your understanding of how to handle your money is less efficient than hers, switch to hers. Or vice versa. No matter what, agree on how you'll handle your finances together and do it while you're still all romantic and not up to your ears in cardboard boxes and "Why can't she ever refill the toilet paper dispenser?"
Hmmmm.....experiance? :iono: :biggrin:

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
I am living with her Aunt and Uncle atm in North Carolina. I have an apartment i have been sharing with my sister in Greenville, SC and the lease isn't up until July. I just moved some of my stuff to her relatives till i was settled and could get a place. I don't know if we can afford a home atm. But we still have time to see.

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
Tay2610 said:
Get renting out of your system. The sooner you own the better!!!

QFT

Dont, just blow this advise off. Buy now while rates are reasonably low. Then in a year or two buy you GTI :thumbup:

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Have to agree, renting is NOT the way to go. Just think of it this way, every dollar you spend on rent is another dollar you didn't put towards a morgage.

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
I am leaning toward Rent to own for a year. That way i can see what me and the wifes income will be with expenses and such.