GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Official 5-Door on Order

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The 18" should be $219...I think the 19" is $270.

azmcs said:
Well the wheels are $270 each plus rubber. Check tirerack for a total. The 18's are not available yet for the GTI, but you can get them by talksing to Alex. You need to make sure you get the ET40 offset, they do come 35 as well and those are not gonna fit in an 18 with lowering.

Here's a pic for those who dont know these wheels:

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
not sure what 18s your talking about but mine came with 18s made by VW.almost every pic you see on here is the 18s.the 17s are spoked

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
A41.8QTM said:
The 18" should be $219...I think the 19" is $270.

Thanks! I was guessing as I didn't quit remember the last time I checked them under the A4. Availability is supossedly in May.

azmcs

tydale3 said:
not sure what 18s your talking about but mine came with 18s made by VW.almost every pic you see on here is the 18s.the 17s are spoked

:iono:

They are up just a coupl of posts, several times. Not OEM, aftermarkets. The cusinart BBS OEMs do not do it for me. To each their own.

azmcs

A41.8QTM said:
Anyone want to make a friendly wager on who takes delivery (in the US) of their 5-door first?

Ha! I might, but it will be risky as it all depends on prod cycle. I suspect it will be someone who will take whatever come sin first that is close to what they want, and lives on one of the coasts.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure where they are getting that info from. I work at a VW dealer in Mass, and there are no order guides, or pricing sheets. I cannot order the 5 door anything ....Golf or GTI. I am not saying they didn't put together an order somehow, but to give you a delivery date seems a bit of a stretch.

azmcs

jesterjay said:
Not sure where they are getting that info from. I work at a VW dealer in Mass, and there are no order guides, or pricing sheets. I cannot order the 5 door anything ....Golf or GTI. I am not saying they didn't put together an order somehow, but to give you a delivery date seems a bit of a stretch.

Well there is no firm delivery date. The current word from the regional/national folks that my friend has spoken directly to is: standard Golf late May, 5-door GTI 4-6 weeks behind that, Eos ???

He got this word this past week at a GTG for long time VW dealers/salespeople (like >10 years). The cars are not in the computer ordering system, but seeing as my guy is a family friend, I doubt he is pulling a fast (sorry for the pun) one on me.

In the end believe whatever you want. I am taking it on faith that I will have a 5 door GTI by the 1st of August!

Last edited:

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Keep me updated as I spoke with the regional rep for the Northeast at VW and he has no idea where that info was coming from. But like you said, I am sure he is not pulling a fast one over on you. I just would like to have the info as well so I can start pre-ordering for my customers.

azmcs

jesterjay said:
Keep me updated as I spoke with the regional rep for the Northeast at VW and he has no idea where that info was coming from. But like you said, I am sure he is not pulling a fast one over on you. I just would like to have the info as well so I can start pre-ordering for my customers.

I hear you. I will give Mike a call on Monday and see why the west regional folks may know more than the Northeast?? Sounds weird to me too. I am just glad things are moving ahead.

BTW how much interest have you had in the 5 door versus the 3 door? Just curious as it may have implications on the whole R32/36 thing.......

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Actually, there hasn't really been any talk of them yet due to the fact we don't have any info yet. Like I said before, keep me posted. Maybe your guy has some inside info that he let you know about. Our guys might be obligated to keep things hush until it's official..who knows?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
$500 more for 2 extra doors

DTMDoc said:
how much of a price difference is there between comparably equipped 3dr and 5drs?