Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Sticker 7

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Sticker 8

Votes: 186 52.5%

• Total voters

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I really like the way the "GOLFMKV.com" looks on the top of this site if you choose the fast layout. (For those of you that don't know you can change the way this forum looks on the very bottom left of the screen.) I like the contrast of white and grey, and I like how the .com is smaller. Maybe that could be the sticker????

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
so i was out at the pavs last weekend, got a bunch of people asking about my sticker i made (and was too lazy to take off)..i wondered if anyone came to any conclusions on the sticker? If you go with number 8, the the admins should change the website to GTI MKV .com as the golfs won't have that front end. It'd be a shame to exclude them becuase they will outnumber gtis when the do come to NA.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
NewYorkMike said:
so i was out at the pavs last weekend, got a bunch of people asking about my sticker i made (and was too lazy to take off)..i wondered if anyone came to any conclusions on the sticker? If you go with number 8, the the admins should change the website to GTI MKV .com as the golfs won't have that front end. It'd be a shame to exclude them becuase they will outnumber gtis when the do come to NA.

We've finalized the sticker design and are working on getting it produced as we speak.. I don't want to show any design yet because I'm not sure its workable yet, but once we get the final final sticker in our hands we'll show em to ya and get them out to everyone!

As for the little GTI car in the picture, anyone who doesn't like it can just cut it off the sticker... easy :) I don't know why its such a big deal.................... :iono:

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
Gulfer said:
As for the little GTI car in the picture, anyone who doesn't like it can just cut it off the sticker... easy :) I don't know why its such a big deal.................... :iono:

Heh, well when the Golf 5 drops and they outnumber gtis 4-1, THEY will mind. Don't you find it odd to play to the minority instead of the majority? The website, lest we forget, is GOLFmkv.com...not mkvgti.com.

i find that quite...well, shortsighted to have gti stickers just becuase at the moment the only golf V in the us is the gti. Actually thats poorly thought to be honest.

I really enjoy these forums, i spend more time here than onthe vortex lately, and thus would like to promote it wherever possible (like the stricker i have yet to take off and did draw some attention). But to call the website "GOLFMVK.com" and have a GTI as the logo is rediculous. Its easy to say now, oh just cut that off you golf owners.. But wait until the golf drops and the gti is a small amount of your users...who the hell would join a foruma dn buy there sticker and have to modify it to fit your particular car, when its your car the forum is aimed at?

This is a new one to me...and that a printed sticker is being considered is also, ugh.

Well, whatever, no bumperstickers for me thanks...and too bad for all the future Golf 2.5 owners too as this site is basically excluding them. :confused:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
NewYorkMike said:
Heh, well when the Golf 5 drops and they outnumber gtis 4-1, THEY will mind. Don't you find it odd to play to the minority instead of the majority? The website, lest we forget, is GOLFmkv.com...not mkvgti.com.

i find that quite...well, shortsighted to have gti stickers just becuase at the moment the only golf V in the us is the gti. Actually thats poorly thought to be honest.

I really enjoy these forums, i spend more time here than onthe vortex lately, and thus would like to promote it wherever possible (like the stricker i have yet to take off and did draw some attention). But to call the website "GOLFMVK.com" and have a GTI as the logo is rediculous. Its easy to say now, oh just cut that off you golf owners.. But wait until the golf drops and the gti is a small amount of your users...who the hell would join a foruma dn buy there sticker and have to modify it to fit your particular car, when its your car the forum is aimed at?

This is a new one to me...and that a printed sticker is being considered is also, ugh.

Well, whatever, no bumperstickers for me thanks...and too bad for all the future Golf 2.5 owners too as this site is basically excluding them. :confused:

Honestly man, I don't know where you come up with all these assumptions.. Basicly assumption after assumption after assumption. Did I do something to offend you, or what ??????? If I did tell me what it is, cause I'm sorry.

First, this is a car enthusiast site and not a bussiness, we don't do demographic checks etc etc etc ok. Me and JJ are doing this for fun, the logo roadenemy made is pretty sick and a majority of memers thought so too and so we're using it cause its a fun logo for a sticker. Key word, fun.

Second, it is easy to say "Just cut off the picture of the car if you dont like it".. I mean why not? then the sticker would look identical to the one you showed on your car.. is there anything wrong with that? I mean what your proposing is that we don't use roadenemy's drawing on the sticker right? So cutting it off gives the same exact end result as what you are proposing, or am I missing something here ?

Third, bumper sticker bumper sticker bumper sticker. After every post I make about the sticker you chime in saying i'm making a bumper sticker, and I respond saying its not. Yet you won't quit... whassup ??? We're not making a bumper sticker, its a window sticker. I don't know how much more I can say about that, lol.

Fourth, noone is going to be paying for these stickers, JJ and I pooled together some of our dough to make this sticker thing happen. The stickers are going to be free of charge for everyone, so if someone is soooo offended by having a picture of a car on their sticker and are that against cutting it off, then they can simply throw it in the garbage can I guess, since it cost them nothing.

Fifth, I'm not in the sticker bussiness, and really I don't know jack about them. You sell stickers for a living i'm assuming? So if I'm missing something here, please feel free to educate me and fill me in.

In the end, I don't know why this is getting so heated?? I've been around a few car forums and this is the first time i've seen someone get pissed over a sticker, please let me know whats going on and what I can do to calm yer fears man??

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
This site might be called "GOLFMKV.COM" but the majority of current members have a GTI, so I don't think making a sticker with the GTI image is a bad idea. This is for "US" not for who we think might join up in the future. I have a feeling that even if the GOLF does sell well in the states, owners probablly won't be quite the hard core enthusiast like the current GTI owners (more CHIX, and Granny's... could be a good thing :thumbsup:) Regardless those that do want to display there Vdub Love can alway's cut the GTI portion out of the sticker. I think both Road Enemy's and New York Mikes designs were awesome, but I think Gulfer is totally hitting it on the head with his angle on the whole thing.

:headbang:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
#8...Doooo it...For those of us that HAVE the vehicle, not those out there that woulda/coulda/shoulda buy a golf/gti but still make 57 posts a day on a car they don't own. Just my opinion