GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID aiming too lower?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
HID aiming too low? (found a fixed for it #8 post)

does anyone find that the HIDs from the GTI were aiming too close(low)? I can barely see the road in front of me. Is there a way to adjust it to aim a little further?

This is not my first car with HIDs, so i know its not pointing/aiming the way it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Check on the vortex or ross-tech.com there is a section on how to service the xenons via the vag-com.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
i upgraded the fog lights to HID i can see everything

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
4GSixty3 said:
does anyone find that the HIDs from the GTI were aiming too close(low)? I can barely see the road in front of me. Is there a way to adjust it to aim a little further?

This is not my first car with HIDs, so i know its not pointing/aiming the way it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

When I had my car lowered I had the same problem. I dropped by the dealership and within 15 minutes it was sorted.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
will bring my car back to the dealer and hope they can aim it higher than the factory spec.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Guys i found the location to adjust the HID light UP and DOWN!! my car were set to aim at the lowest, i think vw did not have it set up properly. here is the pic of the locations!!

NOW its day and night difference!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont need to bring it to the dealer or need vag con to program it!!! all u need is a screw driver.

it is located at the back of the head light housing where u change your bulbs.
remove the black rubber protector.

black rubber protect removed. use a screw driver to turn to the direction that says U for aiming it higher or D for aiming it lower.

excal06

Autocross Champion
If we bring our car to a dealer for this, will they use VAG com or will they do the same thing?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
excal06 said:
If we bring our car to a dealer for this, will they use VAG com or will they do the same thing?

yes, thats what they will do.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
lecrapper16 said:
the lights on my MKIV are sort of low too. So it could just be something to do with Volkswagen.

yup! some times they forgot to set the projector headlight to the factory specs. if you think its too low and can't see the road just like me before, u can have it adjust now. I can see the road at night just like day time!!!

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
My right headlight was pointed at the right curb about 5 deg. too high and way right, my left headlight was pointed to centerline but the level was OK.

I manually readjusted them to the road ahead at a non-blinding level,.....they are MUCH better now.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
feuerdog said:
My right headlight was pointed at the right curb about 5 deg. too high and way right, my left headlight was pointed to centerline but the level was OK.

I manually readjusted them to the road ahead at a non-blinding level,.....they are MUCH better now.

NICE!! just wondering why VW didn't have them setup properly.