GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car Opinions

GolferInAction

Ready to race!
ive been looking at new cars lately... and ive had my eyes on 2 cars... the 06 Audi A4, or the GTI (Waiting for the R32/36)...? What you guys think? Any Honsest Opinions? thanks

car

Autocross Champion
I guess that would depend on exactly what you want. My brother actually picked up a new A4 a couple weeks before I got my GTI. It's a great car, excellent interior, good looking, great engine (of course!) and a whole lot of fun to drive. It's not as fun as my gti, but it's not trying to be, and instead leans more towards a sophisticated/luxury feel. The A4 is softer overall: suspension, steering, etc, but it's still very tight and very German. One off-hand bonus of the A4: quatro. The conclusion that we both came to was, they are both awesome cars, but as similar as they are in some ways, they've very different.
I'm probably not being all that clear, but if you've got any specific questions comparing the two, I can do my best to help.
Good luck!

GolferInAction

Ready to race!
Thanks! im really looking in for a fun car... more fun then luxurious... im pretty young... and this is going to be my first car :)... my dad wants me to get an A4 cause he says its more "Safe" but he's giving me the choice on any car i want. I dunt know why but ive beem really digging into the looks of the new GTI... it looks hot! Its just ive never relly been a fan of front Wheel Drive... gotten into many accidents due to instability! Wrecked a couple of my mom and dads cars :) i <3 racing LOL!! well.. what should i go with? Ive been thinking about just waiting for the release of the R32 or 36? in the USA So i can get a 4WD car! thanks for help and anymore opinions?

car

Autocross Champion
Hmm...no offense (I was younger, had my share of driving mistakes), but if you've been in "many accidents" and "<3 racing" maybe it's not the FWD or "instability" that's the problem! Ever heard of operator error? :wink:
Don't get me wrong, the A4 is very sporty and still a lot of fun. There are plenty of GTI reviews on this board, so I won't link those, but have you read this:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=9478
Either car would be fantastic, but I obvisouly opted for the GTI. the R32/36's release date over here is still pretty indefinite, by the way.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
GolferInAction said:
ive been looking at new cars lately... and ive had my eyes on 2 cars... the 06 Audi A4, or the GTI (Waiting for the R32/36)...? What you guys think? Any Honsest Opinions? thanks

Once the Audi A4 picked up all the tacky chrome trim on the outside, it came off my wish list. And the roof fin would have to go.

The GTI is now on my list (5 door), but only if it is offered in the USA with other than black interior.

The R32 is on my list, if it comes in 5 door and non-black interior.

The Audi A3 is the only car that interests me right now, as I can special order exterior and interior color to my taste.

Just like the look of the 5 door GTI better.

So I wait.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Umm, the r32/36 is not a done deal in the U.S.,, from all I have read--and I would guess that due to the limited number they will bring in, it will be in 2-door only.

GolferInAction

Ready to race!
hahha thanks guys for your input! LOL anyways... about my accidents... its not nesecarilly Operator error but.... i like pulling stuid things off... my friends and I love to go midnight street driftting LOL!OL!OL!O!LO!L! hAHHA anyways thanks guys!!!

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
GolferInAction said:
hahha thanks guys for your input! LOL anyways... about my accidents... its not nesecarilly Operator error but.... i like pulling stuid things off... my friends and I love to go midnight street driftting LOL!OL!OL!O!LO!L! hAHHA anyways thanks guys!!!

Wow.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
No Sh*t....I dont know what to recommend because you seem like you shouldn't be driving anyways....

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yeah... nothing but trouble. Just another ingredient God put on this earth to make life more interesting.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
The Audi would cost more and have Quattro too.

Being an Audi Quattro & VW FWD owner and soon MKV FWD owner. The new MKV GTI has more appeal to me. Seems you get a lot more bang for the buck (less money too). Granted it doesn't have Quattro but it is a great buy for the money for sure IMHO!

And in the new A3 I don't like the dash lay out seem TTish and the visiblity out the bakc it's that great either.