GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Everysones Eyeing My Car

GTI689

Oval Champion
I must say ever since i got my car ive been getting many looks..everyone is always pointing with there jaw droping, or staring at the rims and working there way up lolol i have to say i love the attention lol i have random peopel in parking lots ask me questions,peopel in school come up to me asking about it, and today i even had one guy in a mini cooper with similar rims as me drive by Smiling nodding his head with a thumbs up, he passes me then puts his car in reverse (No one was behind him) and pulls out his camera Fone to take a picture aha what can i say i love my car :headbang: Any of you other mk5 owners getting the looks im getting?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
everyone's eyeing your car...

...and so they should be, because it is rather stunning :thumbup:

I get a similar reaction to mine, especially when she's cleaned and gleaming - I drove my dad somewhere yesterday, and we got out of the car. We'd walked literally 200yds and I turned around to look at my baby and there were three people just standing outside her, looking from every angle...
Means I get more than my fair share of winks and blown kisses from cute car-appreciative girls too :headbang:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
yea i get the same stuff... i went out to the beach one day and on the way home a guy on a street bike was asking my all different questions and wanted me to take off so naturally i did and he was like wow these new ones are quick and i was just all smiles!

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Mine is stock, but she is always clean, i get looks and talks all the time. At my gas station the guy starts talking to me about it (hes also a MKIV owner). Some guy probably only about 2 years older than me in an older civic, which was the definition of rice, started to talk 2 me about it on the street, nautraly i showd him what it could do as i took off. I love this car.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
some fat chic was touching my car a few days ago leaving class. god damn it.

car

Autocross Champion
Yep, I've been getting the thumbs up all over the place, mostly from other "hot hatch" owners, not to mention folks trying to race me, mostly in their riced out civics and a Saturn (that was weird). The best was the other day, as I'm driving up the hill towards town and a guy in a minivan just stopped in the middle of the road and started waving me by, as if I was riding his ass, only, I was nowhere near it. Turns out he just wanted to tell me he liked the GTI and that he wants to trade in his Cooper S for one!
I NEVER got that kind of attention in my MK3 GTI.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
:-D some guy in a MKIV which had some mods totally ignored me as i pulled up next to him, i found it pretty funny actually. And the best was a guy driving his new 911 Turbo S who gave me a thumbs up

jb3467

Drag Race Newbie
same here, sometimes i feel like im the only one driving this car lol...i do get attention from VW owners tho, they are interested to see it up close and since i have rims and its dropped i have to explain it doesnt come this way from the factory but everything else does......as for getting sized up it always happens, so i just drop it to 4th on the hwy and gun it lol......i even got stopped by a cop in the city and all he wanted to know was how i liked my car cause he was planning on getting one too.....too bad the other ahole cop who stopped me at 3am 5 min from my house gave me a speeding ticket worth $175 :frown: hey i guess you cant win em all :iono:

GTI689

Oval Champion
coolme187 said:
some fat chic was touching my car a few days ago leaving class. god damn it.

I was at Wendeys eating and i saw some fat chick touching my ride too, so i hit the Panic button LMAO funniest shit ive seen in my life This also worked later with a little girl.. lolol

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
What kind of wheels are those Amier? Not to cramp your style or anything, but when I think of what rims are supposed to be, those are pretty much the image I see in my head. Beautiful car overall, the rims really pull it together. It's hard to tell in the picture, did you paint the grey bumper pieces black too, or is it just the light? keep it up!!

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Heh, I work in an area of town where you see porsches every 10 seconds. My 3 weeks that I've been working there, I've seen ferraris, lambos, higher end mercedes etc... No one notices my car there. When I drive back to my neighborhood, lotsa people turn their heads. :)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It is very common to get attention with this car. I had a Trailblazer mess with me today on my way to lunch......whatever. Yesterday evening my wife and I were sitting at a light. An older MKIV jetta goes across the intersection in front of us with his rice cannon and revs the crap out of it a couple times. My wife was like,"Please...like he would have a chance." LOL, I couldn't believe she said that. Also, we were at the gas station and a guy in his 40's was there watching the car the whole time. Funny thing was he had one of the new Mini convertibles.

GTI689

Oval Champion
MHS216 said:
What kind of wheels are those Amier? Not to cramp your style or anything, but when I think of what rims are supposed to be, those are pretty much the image I see in my head. Beautiful car overall, the rims really pull it together. It's hard to tell in the picture, did you paint the grey bumper pieces black too, or is it just the light? keep it up!!

Thanks bro, i bought these rims from the dealer and worked it out with the overall price there 19 inch Rims and made by Axis im not sure of the exact name but it wouldnt be to hard to find on google i supose. I didnt paint any thing on the car i think its just the lighting.. here are some more pics.. Enjoy and thanks for the compliment