GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red or white?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Wife is trying to talk me into the Red 5-door vs my wanting the White.

I love Red cars and have had many through my life ('83 GTI still here). Ran a Detail Shop for M-Benz and know how tough Red vehicles are.

White looks killer and is so easy to take care of. Red on the other hand is constant buffing,waxing, maintaining (almost as bad as black).

Thoughts?

BTW, I'll be making the payments.:wink:

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Me no likey tickets!

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
wouldn't white turn a little yellowish over time?

commuter

Go Kart Newbie
Red. It's a classic hot hatch color. The down side, of course, is that it sticks out like a sore thumb. However red also matches the color of the brake calipers and trim around the grille.

With a white body, I find that the contrast with the black grille tends to overwhelm the nose and the front looks a bit strange from a distance.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
This is why I'm leaning toward the White:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Wild Hare said:
This is why I'm leaning toward the White:

you can do the same thing with red and black on the hood if you choose... i think the red and black look better together when the hood is done like that

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Wild Hair...

Neat Shot. Not seen the Black hood on a White car. For me, that would almost be the best of all worlds. Just enough black to keep me happy with the ease of White on the rest.

Chris

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Cmon Wildhair, you're not trying to get tickets now. You have to be responsible and do the right thing. Get the white. You said it yourself, red is a lot of work and it has a tendency to fade, especially on plastic surfaces.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys really think white isn't a PITA to keep clean? My ex gf had a white car and I couldn't stand trying to get all the bugs and wheel well debris off that thing. Wasn't my car so I'd even use Bug and Tar remover on it (I did say ex right?). I think keeping the front grill and hood of a white car clean is a major pain, but I guess that's just my experience. If you want a true dirt and grime hidder then go for the United Grey or the Silver one. Me.....I chose black.:evil: :evil: :evil:
To answer your question: I think the white looks better. Oh yeah, and I haven't seen a lot of white ones at the dealers. I don't think everyone's going to have a white one. Out of maybe the 6-7 I've seen, I think only one was white. Couple grey and silvers, then red and blacks. So the color scheme seems to be spread out pretty evenly. Of course, that's just my observation.