GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad News for Cobra owners

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
I have had my MKV for about 2 weeks now. just went over 1000 miles yesterday. I have been taking it easy on her. Havent been over 5000rpms but a couple times. Been waiting to catcha racer at a stop light. Well on my way to work this morn a svt cobra pulls up next to me at a red light. I can see him eyeing my MKV. And can pretty much tell he is going to go for it at the green light. Cept his only problem is he never raced a MKV and probbly thought he could toy with me. His next problem was he never got a car length from my rear bumper till we had to stop for the next light (about 1/2 mile). I must admit I think I might have blown past redline for a sec befor shifting. Then the whole way to work we went back and forth. IT was a blast. I can tell this car is gonna get me a ticket for sure. By the way further down the road HE got a little mad and tryed to flat outrun me. HE backed off when he saw me catching him . I was going 139 on the speedo witch is problly more like 129. Now I am back to break-in till i get more miles on her. I think my fast was sending me ESP messages. When i got home from work guess what was on the kitchen table with the mail?? MY FAST!!! Think im gonna sell him on E bay and use the bucks for a flash mod...... Or maybe not he is kinda cute.:thumbup:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Cobra should have ate you alive!

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
what gen cobra was it? either way, a cobra shouldve spanked u.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I would say it was a Mustang done up to look like a SVT Cobra.... not a real one. When did you buy your car that you already got your Fast???

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
maybe it was a regular mustang with the words Cobra in the back bumper. Kinda reminds of the time I saw a toyota celica with the words Mitsubishi painted in the back. Or the time I saw a toyota camry with the words Type R emblazoned on its side in true-type times new roman font. :p

What a confusing world we live in. :)

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Maybe it was a KIA with a Cobra look alike kit on it.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Could have been just a fast snake?

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Slow rattler

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I remember when I saw this Probe GT with the Gt replaced with GTR. I was like WOW!!! the Skylines sure have changed........

My dad has a Mustang GT and he tried to pull away from me when i had the loaner GTI because mine wasn't ready, and he got nowhere. he says he missed a shift, which may be true. But if it was a real cobra, the GTI has nothing on it. You're talking about a rear wheel drive, 385hp (or so, don't feel like looking for the specs at the moment) plus the cars weigh almost the same. maybe they just didn't know how to drive... or they were so enamored by the GTI.