GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

finally they are replacing my new GTI...

koreaniverson

Autocross Champion
after week of waiting the vw finally decided to replace my car with another one. it has been total chaos this enitre week of waiting with not knowing what the fuck was going on. they were trying to fix my ticking noise and they gave up. the ticking was not from fuel line tapping the firewall like many others have reported on this forum. whatever it was the vw could not correct the problem. now i am waiting to get my new gti for the second time in many weeks. check it, i bought the car on tuesday, march 28th, dropped off the car on monday, april 3rd and its been at the shop until today. now i have to wait a couple more days for them to locate me another one. this experience has been total BULL SHIT! having purchased a $26,000 car i expect to have had no problem in its first week but that sure wasnt the case. i just hope that i get a car that has no fucking problem.:evil: holla1

2006 GTI black with package #2 and 18" hufeisen rims

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Sorry to hear of your serious challenge. I hope they gave you at least a nice loaner!

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Total bummer. Make sure you get the car you want, not what they can find for you. Make 'em compensate your for this shiznit too. I think a nice set of gorilla mats is in order, if you don't have them already!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
koreaniverson said:
i dont really consider ford fucking focus as nice loaner... holla1
Ouch! What's up with that?

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sorry to hear man. Just know it's man made. Sounds like they took care of you pretty quickly. I've seen Chrysler take a month to decide to buy one back after repeated problems.

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
Consider yourself lucky- most dealerships will make you go through the state lemon law process. I went through it with my Passat, and I couldn't even start the process until I had been without my car for a month!

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
koreaniverson said:
they were trying to fix my ticking noise and they gave up. the ticking was not from fuel line tapping the firewall like many others have reported on this forum.

So what was different about the ticking that is was not considered normal car noises? My VR6 has a light tick, but it is normal. Yours must have been something special.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Dude sorry to hear that. But damn that's some stellar customer service! Honestly speaking you pretty much CAN'T expect to get that in the car business. So I say you are a lucky bastard, good luck with the new car hope it's problem-free! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It sucks you had this problem...but they are taking care of you better than I expected. Cool thing is....you control the ball. Explain in a very business like way that this is extreemly unacceptable. But, you do appreciate what they have done for you with getting a new car. Your concern is being without a car for this long and having to wait for them to find one. Ask them what will happen with expenses during this whole process. What are they willing to do to compensate you other than just finding a new one? Maybe upgrade you to a better package or give you the car at cost with some incentives like the monster mats. It is all in how you play this.