GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions on seats

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
I like the cloth seats but I was very spoiled by the leather seats in my old car, miss that smell and elegant look inside, on the other side the reason i did not insist on getting the leather seats was the idea of having some Sparco or Recaro seats. As a plus side of my job i can get my seats leathered up (with true leather) with suede inserts for $800.00, or I can get a set of racing seats for around $1,000.00 and move on. What do you think?

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I had leather and suede inserts on my MR2 and would definetly go for them again...you have the luxury of the leather and the coolness of the suede.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
scuderiavw said:
As a plus side of my job i can get my seats leathered up (with true leather) with suede inserts for $800.00, What do you think?/QUOTE]

This is a German sports sedan, not a 70s Cadillac Eldorado. Always stay with the OEM seat, IMO

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I was thinking of getting my seats redone in leather with the Logos Plaid kept as the inserts. They were the reason I didn't get leather....I love that plaid.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
The plaid was the only reason I got leather seats. I'm happy I did. I love the leather seats that this car comes with.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
the interlagos is bad ass...but the na versions suck...id personally go for some euro interlagos and stay with the cloth. leather and suede insert seats are sweet, but the plaid gives the car personality

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
loccusst said:
I was thinking of getting my seats redone in leather with the Logos Plaid kept as the inserts. They were the reason I didn't get leather....I love that plaid.

If that had been an option, that's what I would have done. I didn't care for the gray fabric so I got the leather. It was pricey but it does give the car a much more upmarket feel (and price!)

I was told you couldn't get leather installed by anyone yet.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yes you can...go to a custom auto upholster and have them do it.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I always thought about getting Recaros... that would be interesting.

No Sparco please! At least stay with German built products!

I refused to get the leather seats. My car is in an area with 100+ summers and ~40 winters. I don't want to freeze my ass off in the winter, and I don't want my ass or back burned in the summer. I'm always loved cloth because it's very practical, and plus how many other cars have plaid racing seats?

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
TeknoGroover said:
I refused to get the leather seats. My car is in an area with 100+ summers and ~40 winters. I don't want to freeze my ass off in the winter, and I don't want my ass or back burned in the summer. I'm always loved cloth because it's very practical, and plus how many other cars have plaid racing seats?

??? I live in AZ, and I don't personally have any problems with high quality, aka VW leather being overly hot in the summer or cold in the winter.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Cold winters are what bun warmers are for. LOL