GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

opening the boot/trunk/back door

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
have had times where ive been for a drive, i get out the car wanting to open it and its locked. so i need to resort to the remote, which is a bit annoying.

is there a way of unlocking the boot other than from the remote? i need to know the tricks with this car!

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
Well, you can use the inside release that is in the door pocket of the drivers door. Other than that there is no other way to release door/hatch lock.

David

Faster2.0

Go Kart Champion
I think if you go into the MFD and set the door unlock in the convenience screen to "ALL" it should unlock both doors and the hatch upon taking the key out of the ignition.

newtogolf

i dont have the MFD. just basic stuff.

i cant remmember whether the door unlock button unlocks the boot itself. i normally get out by pulling the door handles twice and that does not unlock the boot.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i got the same problem... you proberbly lock your doors when driving like me right?
when you press that lock button then it will lock your boot too. you gotta hit the button above it.

newtogolf

i lock my doors all the time while im driving. that way some random turd will not be able to open the door and get in if im stuck in traffic. and if i have an accident, the doors unlock automatically. i can even pay £30 and someone will configure auto locking if speed > 15mph.

played around with it a bit. if u push the unlock button, it will unlock all 3 doors. if u unlock each door individually by pulling each handle twice, it will not unlock the boot. clever stuff.

i wonder if theres a way of unlocking the boot if your driving, but keeping both front doors locked.

oh yeah, something u gotta beware of, if u leave someone in the car and lock from the remote, they wont be able to get out! instead get them to lock the door from the inside.

Last edited: