GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what is this?

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
that thing with the red circle? whats the best setting for it? does it affect fuel consumption?

by the way that airbag switch. where its set at the moment does not have the warning light that comes up. if u have a child in the front seat, that should be set to "off"

Attachments

• glovebox.jpg
    glovebox.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 647

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
newtogolf said:
that thing with the red circle? whats the best setting for it? does it affect fuel consumption?

Looks like the AC air outlet for the glovebox to me. What doe the owner's manual say? Fuel consumption? That's a joke, right?

newtogolf

spent a couple of minutes flicking the pages around and i cant find anything about it. any reason why theres an AC outlet in the glove box when its closed most of the time?

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
My dealership told me it is a vent that, when you have the A/C on, and that vent is open, it pumps a little cool air into the glove box. You also have one in the center arm rest console. My dealer explained it as, "you can keep a candy bar from melting in the summertime, if you have the A/C on".
Just another "cool" little feature.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
That's correct. It is good because since the armrest and the glove box are closed almost all the time...the heat builds up inside.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
acording to the owners manual it depends on the age and weight of the child in the pass. seat if you are supposed to disable the airbag. Wonder if that ac oulet will keep beer oops i mean soda pop cold?????? It will keep CD's and glasses from melting on long trips. Not sure what your supposed to do with that stuff when your parked at work or whatever for a long period.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
newtogolf said:
spent a couple of minutes flicking the pages around and i cant find anything about it. any reason why theres an AC outlet in the glove box when its closed most of the time?

Stops your chocolate melting during the summer. :w00t:

tydale3 said:
acording to the owners manual it depends on the age and weight of the child in the pass. seat if you are supposed to disable the airbag. Wonder if that ac oulet will keep beer oops i mean soda pop cold?????? It will keep CD's and glasses from melting on long trips. Not sure what your supposed to do with that stuff when your parked at work or whatever for a long period.
It's not refridgerated like the Passat. Also, to answer the man's question properly, it's set in the ON position. Over in Europe they don't have the sensor. They manually turn it off and on. And yes, if you a child under 25 pounds, place it on off.

i think the air vent was featured in a passat commercial. the guy picks up some sushi and puts it in the glove box to bring it home and keep it cool. genius i tell you.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
over here in australia we cannot turn the air bag off its always on.

as we are not meant to ahve young chldren in the front seat under a certain age.

and the cooler works but takes awhile to get cool.

SSS_Hoon

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
you should have watched the video

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Does it work with the heater too?

newtogolf

do u have to switch the main air conditioning on in order for it to cool in the glovebox. or is it just that switch u turn on?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the main a/c needs to be on.

SSS_Hoon