GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check your springs for spacers!!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Just like the title says, check your springs for spacers. Mine had two on each front spring and none in the back. I was so mad I actually was able to yank those things out by hand without jacking the car up last night. :mad: Aparently VWOA doesn't feel the need to let their dealerships know about these as I am not the only one who had em on. I am pretty sure the ride will be diferant and the car will sit more even. My front wheel gap was sooo much bigger than the rear.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
i had these on mine for a month and a half before going pro-kit. its really annoying when u notice.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
excal06 said:
Ok, newb here, what's the spring spacer looks like?
here was the one on my drivers side, there should be two of em on each front strut/spring.

alf

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
I have one one each seide...do I just tell the dealer to yank them out? They were supposed to when I got the car right?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Scotaku said:
Don't you mean should not rather? :wink:
:thumb: exactly. lol. but theres usually 2 , on each strut, one on the lower part, and one on the upper part.

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
jesterjay said:
I saw one like the picture...is there another somewhere?
there should be two, theres another one above this one near the bolts for the struts. i thought there were only two, but then came to find out there were actually two more, just feel around for it, if u cant feel one, there prob isnt one.

the only way we saw it is when we installed my prokits. and took of the strut and recognized it. try taking off the shweel and look up if u cant find it with ur hand.

alf

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
those dont look like spacers to me. Looks more like a travel stop. Mine has none. Just to prevent bottoming out looks like to me.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
bennylenny88 said:
does this count for normal golfs too??
these spacers where used for shipping from Germany to the United stated to prevent spring travel to be so excessive while the boat rocked.

my friend works for the Port of Houston VW where most come in for the U.S. he was telling me about them.

the port where all the VW's are is about 2 miles from my home, its a beautiful sight to see.

alf