GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My heated mirrors are not working on the new GTI???

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Yesterday I decided to test out the heated mirrors. I switched the switch to the heating position...waited...waited and waited even more... NOTHING. Has anyone noticed this as well? I checked all the fuses in the fuse box and cross checked with the manual. Nothing looks off. Also the manual has some wrong info. Some of the fuses labled are not what the manual says they are for... wierd huh..

Is this another factory screw up?

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
They only heat up enough to defog or loosen a little ice, like the back window. I don't know if you'd ever feel them unless the ambient temperature was pretty low.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
mine work...the night i took delivery of my car the mirrors fogged up...the heater took care of that right fast

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Most cars require you to turn the defrost on for heated mirrors to come on. I haven't read the owner's manual since I don't have one I could be wrong.

bilbos

On the Kop
Wantagti said:
Most cars require you to turn the defrost on for heated mirrors to come on. I haven't read the owner's manual since I don't have one I could be wrong.

I think that in the GTI, the heated mirrors are independent of the rear window defroster.

You are right though, in most other cars they are linked.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yes...the heated mirrors in newer vw's work from the mirrors switch by keeping it turned to the middle (ie not switched to move either mirror)

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
What was the outside air temp at the time? Just curious.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I used them all the time on my Passat here.. Its real humid here in the mornings and there is DEW on all the windows so we DO use this feature alot here in FL. I remember on the Passat you would turn them on, and they would would get hot real quick. On the GTI, NADA! :confused:

Its been in the 70's at night and high 80's during the day here this week.

I checked the manual, and only says to acctivate the mirror heat move the switch to the heat possition.

Oripaamoni

Passed Driver's Ed
this is interesting becuase when i was looking at the long code for the central electronics module i noticed that it was set to inactive. im going to try activating it and see if it changes anything.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Try rotating the knob all the way to 12 o'clock (the position of the little squiggly lines). That is what I need to do to get mine to opperate...

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
bigdyno said:
Try rotating the knob all the way to 12 o'clock (the position of the little squiggly lines). That is what I need to do to get mine to opperate...

I'll try this and give it a shot.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
thats all u need to do. couldnt really angle it properly cos i snapped it from my phone

Attachments

• sidemirror.jpg
    sidemirror.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3,194