GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RDS?(radio data system)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
does anyone know if the GTI has a hidden setting or anything to enable RDS?...i m really suprised to see that the stock headunit does not have it and im really missing it

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
hrm very interesting....i must be missing something...or maybe the US headunits dont have RDS?...oh well i guess ill go read the manual again

UPDATE:well i just re-read the manual and not a single thing about RDS...im highly shocked that the GTI doesnt come with RDS...oh well

Last edited:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
hrm it must be a US thing...cuz ive noticed both of u that have RDS are from AU and Malaysia

anyone in the US that has RDS on there FM signal?

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
im in the us and have rds. look at the top right corner of the display.

dont hav the navi

Last edited:

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
What up Freek?

I am in Atlanta GA and mine DOES display it. It is not something I set, it automatically shows in mine and always has. Have you checked the radio options by holding down the scan button until it goes into option mode? There may be a setting for it there... hope this helps!:iono:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
CandiliciousVW said:
Have you checked the radio options by holding down the scan button until it goes into option mode? There may be a setting for it there... hope this helps!:iono:

I will be checking that today, thanks

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
yea i forgot to update this thread...but yes my headunit does have RDS it just takes like 5 minutes for the info to show in the upper right side of the display

thanx for the help guys!

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
RJS5689 said:
Go hold down the scan button, when you get to the option of "Scroling text" turn it on, that way it will enable everything to displace, station, song name and artist

actually if i remember right...that scrolling text only works for CD's

i know it doesnt work for my Satilite..and im pretty sure it doesnt work for my RDS when it comes on

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Freek said:
actually if i remember right...that scrolling text only works for CD's

i know it doesnt work for my Satilite..and im pretty sure it doesnt work for my RDS when it comes on
ohh i know my radio used to only display the station, when i enabled scorlign text i got song and artist.... hmmm :iono: