GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What a POS...

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
My neon is. I had to drive the 04 neon SXT today for the first time since i got the GTI. I never realized what a crappy driver it was. I thought the car was broken for the first 5 miles then it slowly came back to me that its just a gutless crappy driving 2 liter TURD. Then i had to stop at the light and my heart skipped a beat when i touched the brakes and the turd ignored my request to stop untill i really made an effort to push on the pedal.
The GTI is like some crazy exotic car compared to the neon.

The GTI now has 2000 miles in the 3 weeks i've had it. No problems to report
besides for the rattle and radio problems i mentioned last week. The last two tankfulls was cheap regular grade and i cant tell any differece in the performance or milage on the highway. still getting around 28 average with a good mix of highway and city driving.

Oh..there is one really anoying problem. Thats all the punk kids with their fart piped ricemobiles trying to hit on me at every light. Today i removed all the GTI badging. Maybe be they will leave me alone now :)

:thumbup:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Hey, hey, hey!!! Naah, know what you mean after I test drove the GTi. This is my beater as my wife just went back to work after 2 1/2 years of taking care of the kids. Trying to save a little.

bilbos

On the Kop
I know exactly how you feel. My other regular vehicle is an 04 PT Cruiser and the difference switching between the two cars is unbelievable.

The GTI is quick whereas the Cruiser isn't. 0-60 can be achieved in some unspecified time, typically just as the tortoise pulls out to overtake me. :biggrin:

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
RJS5689 said:
Trying to hit on u huh... im assuming u r a female?

LOL. No i'm a old man. By hit i mean trying to race me.

Why do i still have the neon? LOL. Good question. I have problem with collecting vehicles :). I have 2 trucks, 3 cars and 3 bikes LOL. I'm thinking of giving my mom the neon. I put 49K miles on it in the last 13 months. I'm sure the GTI will have 40K before the end of the year. I drive all over the east coast for work and all my family lives down in NC so i'm allways on the go.
I've been engoying the drives a lot more now that im in the GTI all the time :)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
man im glad im not the only one with alot of miles already on my car....tomorrow my car will be 4 weeks old and it has 2460 on it...but i also drove from atlanta to ft.lauderdale...then from ft.lauderdale to orlando then back to ft.lauderdale....then back home to atlanta...so i would say 85% of my mileage is highway

gti=sexy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
STI
yay more ppl that drive way too much. after 2 weeks i went from 108 miles to 1120, and i just go from my house to school (plus the trips out to toy with the kids on the freeway in civics). altho after this weekend im sure ill b over the 2000 mark. in about an hour im off to disneyland, w00t, for my friends birthday.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've put more than 28k miles on my car in just about a year and 4 months of ownership. Absolutely love it.
And de-badge a GTI? Noooooo!

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
Some idiot was tailgating me in traffic with some POS 70's Chevy truck, lol. The car does catch people's attention sometimes. Even though it doesn't accelerate like my GTO did, the transmission/handling/responsiveness of the car make it as quick a point A to B vehicle as I've had.

I also completely understand the back to back comparison, my fiance drives a 95 Volvo - nice, bland Eurosedan. Man does it feel sloppy after the GTI.