GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid Interior Question

Peteman187

Passed Driver's Ed
For those that have it, what is the rest of the seat made of? Is that leather/letherette? Also I heard the plaid doesnt have the aggressive side bolsters like the leather is this true?

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Dubdr's plaid seats... the rest of the seat is also cloth (as indicated in his garage - http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/mygolf.php?do=garage&id=544)

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
Peteman187 said:
For those that have it, what is the rest of the seat made of? Is that leather/letherette? Also I heard the plaid doesnt have the aggressive side bolsters like the leather is this true?

NOT TRUE. If you look at the plaid seats they are exactly the same underneath as the leather ones. The difference is the outside only. Both feel identical, and hold you in very well. :smoking:

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
Well i have the plaid seats because i was planing on changing the front 2 seats the recaros or sumthing a little more racing.

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Honestly, i would get the plad seats just because it retains the original GTI look. And if you guys really like the leather look, I would get all the parts that dont have plad converted into Leather!

what do you think of that idea?

Herby

Autocross Newbie
I'd prefer cloth over leather...leather sucks on really hot and really cold days...but its not as bad as vinyl.

And it gets worse when it gets old:eyebulge:

GTI2007

for really cold days you can have seat heating for option on a gti and if you would tint your windows a little that wouldn't make it so hot on those really hot days and of course you have to rub something, don't know what exact, every so much weeks or months on the leather to keep it shining and goodlooking

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
for really cold days you can have seat heating for option on a gti and if you would tint your windows a little that wouldn't make it so hot on those really hot days and of course you have to rub something, don't know what exact, every so much weeks or months on the leather to keep it shining and goodlooking

What a hassle, but i guess well worth it!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
marcinek said:
NOT TRUE. If you look at the plaid seats they are exactly the same underneath as the leather ones. The difference is the outside only. Both feel identical, and hold you in very well. :smoking:

YES TRUE, in the US, we only get the sport seats in leather, and the cloth seats are far less agressive.

GoghVW

Rabbit Transit
I was almost offended when my wife wanted me to get leather... and DSG for that matter. See the Red grill trim? We finally have a real GTi (and built in Germany).

Honestly, I do like the DSG and leather but not for me.