GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Rabbit Golf pics from NY International Autoshow

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Had the chance to attend the NY Int'l Autoshow today... was excited to see the GTI and Rabbit displays. :headbang:

The GTI's were absolutely swamped. Here are pics of the Rabbit display. (didn't take pics of the GTI, plenty of pics around here :smile:). I hung around the Rabbit display for a while and heard tons of positive things being said about the car. It surprised me how many people actually remembered the Rabbit marquee. All in all a very cool display by VW for both the Rabbit and GTI's :clap:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
So the GTI was out in the US before the rest of the Golf range???

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Kirium said:
So that's a yes???

Yep. Basicly the GTI just got to the USA dealerships only a month or two ago, and this new york autoshow is when the standard Golf 2.5 (being badged as the Rabbit here in the US) is being unveiled for realease to the public. Will probably be a few more months before they hit the dealerships.

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
MMM....I LIKE it! I knew I should have made plans to go to NYC this weekend. Oh well.
Thanks so much for the Photos!

Chris

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
//caliber\\ said:
That car looks a little different than the ones VW released, like painted door guards etc.. is that some kind of premium trim or sports package?

i think that car has a body kit on it...sorta like the votex one and what looks like a rim upgrade...atleast thats the way it looks in some of the pics

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That 5 Door looks SWEET! Anyone know what seats it had in it? The Dash shot shows the Seat Heater switches. Even the color is growing on me too.

Shame on me for thinking this way!

Chris

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
NO Rabbit

There is no Rabbit symbol on the car. I looked today, but to no avail.

:burnrubber:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
pinkfl2511 said:
There is no Rabbit symbol on the car. I looked today, but to no avail.

:burnrubber:

There's every chance the rabbit badge was "acquired" by a show-goer who took a fancy to it... That happens alot with anything that can't be totally locked down.
Last time I was at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney, I lost count of the amount of cars I got into that were missing gear knobs...