GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Race Springs Installed..

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
My original original plan was to get KW v1s but a financial matter came up so that had to change. I just got the h&r race springs instead and installed them on stock shocks/struts because I couldnt wait. Im getting koni shocks/struts in about a month. Installation took about 7hrs because i did it by myself. Here are some quick pics for now and ill add better ones later.

Before (we all know what it looks like anyways:

After (not settled yet :eek: )

My FAST came in today too!

Stock vs. H&R race springs

Heres a trick i used for the lower strut bolt, instead of buying the 14mm Triple Square socket. I just used a vice grip plier on the ends of the bolt and zipped the other side out with a regular impact socket.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Where'd you get 'em?

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
did you have to do any adjusting to your head lights after it's dropped??

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
Dr. Woo said:
Where'd you get 'em?

i got them from parts4vw.com

VDUBB said:
did you have to do any adjusting to your head lights after it's dropped??

if your gti has HIDs then, it automatically adjusts itself. Im not too sure about the regular lights.

jhayregz said:
just wondering if it settled anymore than what you posted...

well on the front, one finger is pretty squeazed tightly between the tire and fender. On the back its a tight two finger gap. The ride is pretty fine for me, its not harsh at all.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Any warranty worries with this spring set? I'm thinking of going with the Sport Springs myself.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
The bouncing that you mentioned comes from the shocks being designed for Linear rate springs vs the Progressive rate H&R's you have now.

Metafor

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Just a question for you..I recently installed H&R sport springs myself with some help from friends, and it took about the same amount of time it took you..Considering we didnt have a spring compressor and whatnot..But did you find it really hard gettin the Strut out of the brake caliper, because were a pain in the azz??