GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Rabbit Golf pics from NY International Autoshow

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Its the original GTI...hence why no Golf on the back...when folk ask u say GTI, the original...that says it all :D now where did I put my Fox ;-)

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
So I take it you're not getting the Polo GTI in the U.S anytime soon??

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Polo? What is this Polo you speak of?

No Polo in states, period. So yes, no Polo GTI.
(though if Honda's Fit takes off maybe VW will consider shipping us the next gen.)

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
why is the US so late? the rabbit (called the golf) has been out in the UK since jan 04.

that colour though is just really nice. is it blue or grey?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
my theory on the missing rabbit badge is that it could have been a model shown at previous auto shows, where they had a golf badge on, and just took it off for the NY show...or i could be completely out in left field.

samsmalls

actually i visited the NYIAS and i was told that that was the color "Sage Green"... strange it looked gray to me, he said ti was the lighting. and those were the optional 17" Vision - V wheels.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I like the wheels presented on that if they are stock

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
J.J. you are trying to change my mind aren't you?

Signed,

Wild Hare

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Wild Hare said:
J.J. you are trying to change my mind aren't you?

Signed,

Wild Hare

haha

with gas prices the way they are...i may end up with a Rabbit TDI...whenever VWoA decides to bring it over :iono:

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
NYDUB said:
Anyone know what seats it had in it? The Dash shot shows the Seat Heater switches.
They were the standard cloth golf/rabbit seats. I noticed the seat heaters as well when I saw it. Why they won't give that to us in the plaid for the GTI I don't know.

grimlock

Long time reader, first time poster, what's up guys? I was talking to a few of the reps at the auto show the day it opened...turns out the rabbit was swiped off the back of the car only 3 hours into the show opening to the public. They nab everything at the nyc auto show, including shifter nobs. I was mighty impressed with the rabbit and was so nice to sit in, my friends even had no problem stretching out in the back seats :thumbup: . I think they said June was the release date for the Rabbit, and the diesel is either going to be an 07 or 08 model; their waiting for the sulfer level to go down in the fuel. Good times at the auto show though.