GOLFMKV

GTI Vs. My Infiniti

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Well i used to drive my moms 2004 Infiniti I35 (which she HATES and is replacing w/ the M45) and today i had to drive it again, first thing i thought when i got into it after not being in it for 2 months was "wow these seats are flat" then i started to drive, the freakin steering wheel is like 10 times the size of my head. Then came corners, the stupid car understeers like i have NEVER felt, in turns the throw the GTI through w/ confidence, the Infiniti starts to squal. Wow i just never realized what a great acr the GTI was, i couldnt wait to park the infiniti, the steering i terrible, the breaks r mush, althogh the one thing i love about it, is those tires are willing to VAPORIZE upon command of my right foot, thats something it still does well. Oh well i just figured i would post my experiences w/ this car and how great it is, although i will miss my moms 2001 540i :( that was a fun car, considering it was a family sedan.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
umm sure there is. all cars share the same elements. and with respect to those elements you can compare. sure, cars have certain markets or intent but its obvious what the author values.

By that qualification I guess you cant really compare anything

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
uhmmm, you are wrong. How about if i compare a Lotus Exige to a Mercedes S500? Does it make sense to you? Of course all cars have similar elements, but an Infinity I35 is a luxury sedan and the GTI is a hot hatch. Which part are you having hard time understanding? Even if he was comparing the GTI against G35C, that still would not be correct, because, AGAIN, different classes, different engine sizes, different purposes.

It is perfectly ok to compare cars but within the same category.

And finally, for your last comment, TRUE, I don not compare my GTI to anything:biggrin:

earthtoandy said:
umm sure there is. all cars share the same elements. and with respect to those elements you can compare. sure, cars have certain markets or intent but its obvious what the author values.

By that qualification I guess you cant really compare anything

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
thanks for the rules. I wasnt handed the memo i guess.

If you have a frame of reference it is possible to compare anything. this frame of reference is handling, braking power and a couple other things. It is obvious what is being valued.... and therefore it can be compared. Obviously you cant say to someone who wants that infiniti "well the gti is better get that instead" but if they are in the reference of performance you most certainly can.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
There is no rules, just common sense. Probably you are missing the point. The integrity of comparison is only maintained when similar objects are compared. You are comparing apples to oranges, but anyways, you will keep ignoring the facts.... Yeah, the GTI is gonna be quicker and will handle better than the Infinity. I testdrove a Cayenne Turbo yesterday, it would blow the doors of a GTI. How fair is my comparison? Well, as fair as comparing a GTI to a Japanese Luxury Sedan.

Take the plug off your ears

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
I have an '02 Maxima (exactly the same as the I35). I love the car to death, but look at me, I'm 18. I don't need all that car right now! lol

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
hey scuder lets compair your DSG yuppy machine to my six speed. You wanna race for cash??? I liked the post myself. If infinity is such a luxury car why do they advertise so much performance????? lets compair it to one of the caddys with the northstar. So we would be politically correct. The caddy would leave that rice burner in the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Lol ACTUALLY.... the Caddys wouldnt... Infinitis pull HARD... this car is rated at 0-60 in 6.4 ive seen... the new G35s are rated at 5.9 WITH AWD and 5.7 without, the big V8 M series is tested at 5.5.....

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Hey, you are advocating wrong people here. On the other side, I only race on track, and trust me, it is not your cup of tea, if it was you would not talk s****t like a ricer.

tydale3 said:
hey scuder lets compair your DSG yuppy machine to my six speed. You wanna race for cash??? I liked the post myself. If infinity is such a luxury car why do they advertise so much performance????? lets compair it to one of the caddys with the northstar. So we would be politically correct. The caddy would leave that rice burner in the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
There is no rules, just common sense. Probably you are missing the point. The integrity of comparison is only maintained when similar objects are compared. You are comparing apples to oranges, but anyways, you will keep ignoring the facts.... Yeah, the GTI is gonna be quicker and will handle better than the Infinity. I testdrove a Cayenne Turbo yesterday, it would blow the doors of a GTI. How fair is my comparison? Well, as fair as comparing a GTI to a Japanese Luxury Sedan.

Take the plug off your ears
Man, i think youre problem here is you arent understanding the world of opinion. People have them. they value certain characteristics over others. Its ok.

His point is very clear. yes it may be unfair to compare handling objectively because the infiniti is tuned for ride comfort and the gti is much stiffer and preformance oriented but his point is the gti handles much better and is more fun (read: better to him) to drive. And its just not tuned differently but I believe his ride in the infiniti reminded him how well executed it is in the GTI. We tend to forget how good our cars are as we drive only them and it can become a stark reminder when you get in something different.

Its ok to prefer things to other things. Its not a freakin magazine review

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
i sat in a g35c the other day and the interior looked and felt pretty cheap compared to the gti. imo, i think the gti has the most stylish and refined interior compared to any car under 25k. GTI FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.