GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM @ 100km/h or 62mph?

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
On my n-th test drive on Saturday (gotta spend the time waiting for my 5-door somehow), I saw 2,250 rpms at an indicated 100 km/h.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
sniperviperman said:
back tires make a bang and you feel the back dropped to the ground. you actualy hear a 'sonic' boom inside your car, b'cause it sounds like it, when switching gear to 2'nd.
The first time i powershifted i heard this LOUD BOOM and iwas like OH SHIT what did i F up...

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
that banging sniper is talking about is not the rear if the car from my point of view. I think its the ESP slamming the right front brake on for a second. When i turned it off ,the Slamming from 1st to 2nd went away . But instead of squaking or barking into second, the tire broke loose a bit. And for sure I bet I can beat a DSG!!

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
hehehe, good to hear that finaly others have tried this loud boom too. it's indeed the most powerful shift you can make with this gearchange. 2'nd to 3'rd only does a tiresqueek with a less louder boom. to bad for the DSG drivers, they will never experiance this powershift :burnrubber:

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
You do realize by doing this that you're throwing the entire load of the engine onto the gear in the transmission very quickly and subjecting them to forces that will wear down and break them far faster than normal. You're going to essentially shock the drivetrain, not a good idea. You'll either mess up the synchros or if you do it wrong or long enough, possibly rip the teeth right off the gears. I've seen pictures, it's not pretty.

Sure power shifting is neat, it's also a fast way to need a new transmission. As for the too bad for the DSG drivers, if you do it right you MIGHT eek out being faster barely, but is it worth it at the cost of your transmission? Imho, who gives a shit which transmission is faster.