GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found a loose screw...

Found a loose screw in my engine compartment near the windshield washer fluid resivior. if someone could take a look in theirs and gimme any info as to where it belongs that would be great. Hard to imagine i've been driving around for three weeks and not lose the screw.

Attachments

• loosescrewcopy.jpg
    loosescrewcopy.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 279
  • loosescrew2.jpg
    loosescrew2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 282

funnycar

Autocross Champion
There are 2 screws with a head like that in the area. One holds the top of the washer fluid container's neck onto a black bracket. And another screw holds the black bracket. If those have a screw, then you're screwed... :wink:

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
I would agree with the dude above me. It came from the top of that white plastic filler neck of the resivoir tank, a black bracket bolts to the innerfender, and the bolt your missing bolts the tank neck to the black bracket. Same size threads as the two emtpy holes you show in the pic where you put the bolt. And if yer gonna call that bolt a screw , then call it a capscrew. LOL

it's not the bolt that connects the resevoir neck and the black bracket, that bolt is there. they are the same exact bolt though. i couldn't see anything else that had that type of bolt. the two bolts that hold the black bracket to the fender are different. i'm crossing my fingers that it was just an extra bolt someone forgot to pick up. i'm gonna have to check up on it though, try to give myself peace of mind.