Car(s)
2006 TR GTI

alf

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
alf said:
I think I will print and laminate that to keep in the car. It is very close to how far mine is off. I have 17" wheels on my car. Did they design this car with smaller wheels in mind?

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Big Jerm said:
How am I doing this?
The nose of the car sways at high highway speeds, it maybe the wheels. doubt it. Has nothing to do with what I have drove in the past. By the way there are places you can drive fast in the u.s.
Here is how you are brutalizing the English language:

Your post should read: "The nose of the car sways at highway speeds, perhaps this is caused by the wheels? I doubt it, however. My observations really have nothing to do with the vehicles I have driven in the past. And by the way, there are places where you can drive fast in the U.S.

When corrected for spelling and grammar, your post almost makes sense.

Do us all a favor, stop brutalizing the English language.

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
if you're having this variance with 17's, throw 18's on and it should be fine.

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
what did you want me to say "low" highway speeds. and also forgive me for being in a hurry to type a quick reply overlooking spelling & grammar. davis grad can be the in house forum teacher...can you be anymore anal about a quick post which most people would overlook?? And for your sake here on out I will BE SURE to check spelling and grammar with Microsoft Word so that way I will “stop brutalizing the English language”

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
davis_grad said:
Here is how you are brutalizing the English language:

Your post should read: "The nose of the car sways at highway speeds, perhaps this is caused by the wheels? I doubt it, however. My observations really have nothing to do with the vehicles I have driven in the past. And by the way, there are places where you can drive fast in the U.S.

When corrected for spelling and grammar, your post almost makes sense.

Do us all a favor, stop brutalizing the English language.

Oh Snap! Let me give it a try..

bigJerm said:
has anyone tried to tap out thier needle? i tried it on the interstate and after the speedo "says" your over 130 the nose of the car starts to shift left to right with a hard sway. the dynmaics of the car is not friendly of air over 100mph ish. my subbie would cut through the air like a plane, I had my STi at 155 cutting through air. my mind went blank but I have so many more complaints with this car.

Has anyone tried to reach the GTI's top speed? I tried it on the interstate and after the speedometer read over 130, the front end developed a hard swaying motion. The aerodynamics of the car don't seem to be well sorted out at 100 mph or more. My Subaru was very stable at high speed. I have many more complaints, but my mind has gone blank.

Now I feel bad for being mean. :respekt:

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
:bow: Thank you teknophlaming for rewording everything I said, in such wonderful grammar might I add. Thanks to people like you we can have forums sound so perfect, professional and upbeat. Thanks again teknophlaming for a job well done! A+ :thumbsup:
P.S. I have read your posts on other threads and I am not the only person you roast on. Seems you have a habitual habit of being a dick to people…!:respekt:

MK4-683

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
ya, the the speedo is inacurate. The NA GTI top speed is 208km/h, but last weekend I drove my GTI up to 219KM/H top speed.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Big Jerm said:
Seems you have a habitual habit of being a dick to people…!:respekt:

Heh, that's what I'm here for. :evil:

Actually, I'm nice to most people. I just don't like people that bitch and moan about "problems" that aren't really legit. Your whole post seemed very whiny to me. I'm sorry, but that's the impression I got. And taking time to think about what you want to get across and then doing it in a legible manner is just common courtesy. It doesn't have to be perfect, my posts aren't grammatically perfect, just make it readable. I'm NOT the only person that feels this way. My apologies for ragging on your post.