GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

INSTALLED. Eibach Pro-Kit on MkV GTI *PICS**mini writeup*

GTI2007

alf said:
thanks! you know, to tell u the truth, i had began to regret getting the TR color because of how ugly it looked on the SUV crossover suspension.

but when we finished the suspension on it, i fell in love all over again <3

alf

I understand that complete. When I first saw the pics of the NA GTI I almost had an attack of vertigo!! :bellyroll:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Why are the spring spacers there from the factory? What happens if they are not removed or are removed?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
loccusst said:
Why are the spring spacers there from the factory? What happens if they are not removed or are removed?
they are there to cause the car from moving on the boat from germany, they are supposed to be removed at the dealership/port. the spacers are mainly for transportation, when u remove em the car look a little more dropped, of course after letting it settle.

i dont have any update pics, due to my windshield cracking and the car having tob e at the shop for two weeks waiting for the windshield to get from germany.

alf

d.C

DJ
alf said:
sure, 8598.140 - Eibach Pro-Kit

thanks ...
ahhh i'm really confused!

on the eibach website, this is what i found for part numbers for the pro-kit

VOLKSWAGEN, GTI MKV, 2.0 TURBO

VOLKSWAGEN, GOLF V

i don't know which one to order! clearly one's for the GTI and ones for the Golf ...

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Interesting??? Maybe because the front has more weight to it on the GTI due to the 2.0T motor?

d.C

DJ
loccusst said:
Interesting??? Maybe because the front has more weight to it on the GTI due to the 2.0T motor?

that's what i'm thinkin' too ... and i'm thinkin' the spring rate might be different too ... stiffer for the GTI ?

d.C

DJ
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
VOLKSWAGEN, GOLF V

that is the one to get.

thanks, i did some research on the eibach pro-kit, just to clear things up, the pro-kit that ppl have are not made for the GTI, the GTI ones are still in progress ... won't be out till june.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I think that we all better doublecheck our springs for those spacers. One of the British car mags has a gti for a long term tester and they had the same thing. If even the test cars are being overlooked, this can't be a rare problem.