GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Continuing problems with XM

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
OK so I have the "No Sat Radio" bug, but today it stepped it up a notch.. when I turned on XM, it gave me 3 channels, XM Preview, XM sports preview, and some random other preview...seems like it forgot that I have a 3 month free trial... bought the car 3 weeks ago.. anyone having similar issues?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
possibly

I know this isn't exactly what you're talking about cause I have Sirius:)mad: )
But I kinda have the same thing going on. I wanted XM because I had it on my previous car, and my whole family has it as well. Since VW just signed a contract with Sirius the dealer was unable to switch the modulators for me. Anyway the point is that they gave me an extra 3 months for a total of 6 to use on Sirius.
So, now when I try to use sirius, I can get like one station per every category of music. Then I can't switch stations either. I also get the weather station and some pop station that lists a phone number. I dunno if I have to call and reactivate or what but this is pissing me off.

Forgot to add that I haven't actually done anything about this cause I'm LAZY, but it's really chapping my ass.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
great, now i'll get no responses in this section :( ...

anyways i finally got around to calling XM... going on 58 minutes ON HOLD. this is ridiculous.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
bro i have XM in mine...and once it reset like 4 of my channels and sometimes i get the No Sat thing...all i have to do to get it back is switch to like FM or CD and then back to Sat...but other than that its been all good...i am however going to switch out the XM mod for a Sirius mod

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
the three channels you speak of is because of an upgrade to the xm network. they might have reset your account this is due to a big piracy problem. Just need to call xm and have them re-activate your account. Also if you decide to keep XM go with a paper bill route as the direct payment method automaticly takes the money, with the paper bill you can choose to pay it or call and cancle.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
atomoverride said:
the three channels you speak of is because of an upgrade to the xm network. they might have reset your account this is due to a big piracy problem. Just need to call xm and have them re-activate your account. Also if you decide to keep XM go with a paper bill route as the direct payment method automaticly takes the money, with the paper bill you can choose to pay it or call and cancle.

they reset it twice with no luck... the first time they re-sent the signal it came up with an error message "failure" on the radio.... the second time they re-sent it, I waited on channel 001 for 35 minutes but nothing happened...still no XM...

and yeah, I know about the XM billing, i've had XM for 3 years in my last car :)

Rovman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey CRJ200,

Are you a pilot for ASA? My brother-n-law Wes Williams is also a pilot for ASA and flies the CRJ. You probably know him. I was just at their house a few weeks ago visiting.
Well, to get back on subject, I am in the same boat as you, I have been having the same problem and have not been able to rectify it with re-activation. Through research here and on Vortex, it doesn't seem like there is a definative fix yet. I am still waiting to hear about a positive confirmed fix before i start making trips to the dealer for them to change everything under the sun with no joy. Frustrating, but what else can you do.

Stephen

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
yep, i'm at ASA, no idea who that is though.. just started back in october so I don't know many people...

I went to the stealership today and found out that the XM module is bad, so theyre ordering another and I gotta head back up there monday to have it replaced... the positive side is that the tech who will be installing the new module is going to activate it as a "demo" so i'll have free XM forever :thumbsup:

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Same XM problem here...

happened two weeks after getting my car. First, I would see the station name, artist and song title, but no sound coming from XM. THEN, it started with the NO SAT DETECTED and finally stayed that way indefintely. I brought it in and this was the first they had seen of the problem (they had to call VW tech support to find how to fix it) and I had to leave it overnight. Got it back and all has been GREAT... until... yesterday when it started up with a preview channel and then gave me the NO SAT DETECTED message 3 times. It is about to give out again and I am going to be PISSED!!! They better hope it does not quit again because this is bullshit! :mad:

black flash

Ready to race!
man that kinda sucks. I just got my gti mkv (XM) about 3 weeks ago, and now and again when i turn my car on i get the "no satellite" thing. I figured it was just because it was only a preview. I hope it doesn't crap out on me completely...

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You will get it free untill they need to activate a unit and their account is full. As a retailer they can have a certain amount of units hooked up as demos. Once those are full they will need to disable some of the others on their account. If you are lucky....it might take a long time. Maybe years.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
black flash said:
man that kinda sucks. I just got my gti mkv (XM) about 3 weeks ago, and now and again when i turn my car on i get the "no satellite" thing. I figured it was just because it was only a preview. I hope it doesn't crap out on me completely...

yeah even after I had the module replaced, I occasionally get the "NO SAT RADIO" message... VERY annoying.