GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are your monthly payments?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
paying $1103.59 per month for 24 months. $0 down/3.9 APR

$24000 (6 speed, pkge 2, 18", monster mats, gorilla) + $1440 (6% Tax) = $25440 + $946.16 interest = $26386.16

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Gap coverage = 100% dealer profit. Don't fall for it.

jaydubz said:
do u guys think that an offer of 22,000.00 including gap coverage is unreasonable?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
disagree, first of all the gap insurance is determined by the state, it is a percentage (changes in different states) of the sales price. It covers the balance between the pay-off amount and the actual market retail value of the vehicle in the event of a total loss. Per say if your car is totaled, and you owe $20,000.00 and the car's retail value is $14,000.00, the $6,000.00 negative is covered by the gap insurance, otherwise you will have to stroke a check for $6,000.00. The new GTI will hold its value, so we all start safe. If you put a chunk of miney down, theoratically anything over $5,000.00 it is not necesary to purchase it. However with a little money/$0 down and longer financing term, gap insurance should seriously be considered. You can always cancel your gap before the end of your finance term or before you sell your vehicle. The dealership can not overcharge for gap and all honestly they do not make a lot money from it ($75.00-$125.00). You make the mathematics.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Thank you for the info guys! For me the GAP coverage is just a smart idea. I was recently in contact with a dealership that stated that the cost of the GAP coverage for them was 599 to 600 dollars, of course I know this is pure horse spit, but I wanted to know what you guys felt about the offer. A buddy of mine works with a group of underwriters who deal with these packages, the true cost of GAP for VW/AUDI dealerships is about 150.00 which is actually a little inflated. The dealership offered a package "0" for 3% over invoice including destination charge, this would bring the car to 21,699.00. I then made a true offer of 22,000.00 including GAP coverage and dealer fee. I know these guys have to eat also, but the rep made it seem as if I was taking food out of their childrens mouths. Keep in mind that the difference between the true invoice and what they supposedly paid is the dealer hold back on the car which to me means the dealer fee is already there. I am not out to get a record breaking deal, but come on is this offer out of the question for a 6M package "0"? Mind you this offer does not include tax, I plan on paying that out of pocket. Any advice would be helpful??!!??!!

JLad10687

Drag Racing Champion
6 MT, 0 package, 567/month for 48 months at 4.99% interest. (Actually financed at 382/month for 72 months but making the extra payments to get it paid off while I can afford it)

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Black Magic, Package 2, Total = $31k, put 3500$ down, 13k trade in, 5 years @ 304 per month, opted for the 7 year 100k waranty.

Maybe I should have put more money down.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Upside-down $3K on my trade in, no money down.

Pckg 1, DSG, 18"s. 48mo lease, 15K miles per year. $472.00 per month.