GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need someone to turn off DRL's with VAG-COM

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
I need help locating a dealer or individual that will disable my DRL's. I can go to Indianapolis and south of Indy in the state or Chicago and surrounding suburbs.

My dealer in Evansville is giving me to much flak over this.

Thanks!

David

bilbos

On the Kop
Sorry to hijack your thread slightly, but in a similar vein, can the annoying alarm that tells you your seat belt is not fastened be disabled with VAG-COM?

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
Yes!

David

davesee

FIA GT Champion
correct me if im wrong but its a software utility that uses a data cable to connect to your cars computer and allows you to make "modifications" to various settings and such..

i want to get the window remote capability on mine!! that would be worth a trip to GA for me, lol

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
really? can you VAG-COM to mod your chip controlling the turbo then? or we still need to buy the aftermarket chip if we wanna boost the turbo.

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
The VAG-COM cannot make changes to the actual engine mapping. This still needs to be done with an after market reflash.

That being said...anyone out there that can help me? Has any one had their dealer do the DRL disable with out hassles? Please direct me towards a helpful shop so I can get my DRL's turned off! Surely someone in the Chicago area can help.

David

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
I'm sure the locking can be coded to silence the horn. Problem is finding a dealer that will do that for you. I'm still hoping to locate someone near Chicago or in Indiana that can do my DRL disable.

Anyone?

Thanks!

David

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
Is there a code to turn off the horn when you lock the car and just have the lights flash?
This can be done using the regular Setup program.

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
Here's a good link with a list of people that has VAG tools.
HTML:
http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks VDUBB! I've sent an email to a listing near me. Hopefully they will reply and I'll be in business.

David