GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint The Black Parts?

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Greetings from Sweden!

I'm new into this great forum. I'm a satisfied owner of the CandyWhite MK5. I was wondering if it possible to paint the black lip parts of the car white? Or shall I purchase the vortex front, back and side lips? Are they different? The reason I thinking of let someone paint it is to save some money. :)

Btw. I've attached a picture of my (currently stock) car taken with my mobile, more pictures in better quality will come.

Best regards,
Joakim

Attachments

• Bild(3).jpg
    Bild(3).jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 1,279

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
hey Joakim, welcome to the boards!
Well your question is rather interesting. Because you are kind of asking two quesitons in one, but are looking for one answer. The vortex kit will add pices to your car, not persay remove all of the black. So, imho, if you can find a decent shop that will color match your candy white gti (just find them the factory color code on the vw site or it might be listed in a door pannel), i believe you'd be pleased with the results.

We had a member from the Canary Islands post with his CW gti painted, check it out and see if that's what you were looking for.

here is a link to his thread:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8422&postcount=1

Hope that helps ;)

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks guys. :)

I took a look at knarioposse car and I think that looks awesome! Somebody know if the color will be exactly the same or will the black shine through the white? Also, do they have to paint the whole lips or can I save a area below the exhaust. (see attached picture).

As far I can see the Votex kit lips are bigger which gives the car a feeling that it's lowered. Is it possible to lower the stock MK5 or is it already lowered to maximum?

Best regards
Joakim

Attachments

• osir6.jpg
    osir6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,193

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
how it's painted is all between you and the paint shop, just be specific with them on what exactly you want done