GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SCC

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
In this months sport compact car then did a little blurb on the GTi. They loved it... which really is surprise considering this is mainly a asian mag. The best part... they said that "it is great that we (the US) are getting basically the Euro spec, the only issue is that while theirs (euro) is made in WB, our (US) will be made in Mexico." I don't know about your but my in from the Wolfsburg plant. I wish they didn't write that!!! :mad:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Dubdr said:
In this months sport compact car then did a little blurb on the GTi. They loved it... which really is surprise considering this is mainly a asian mag. The best part... they said that "it is great that we (the US) are getting basically the Euro spec, the only issue is that while theirs (euro) is made in WB, our (US) will be made in Mexico." I don't know about your but my in from the Wolfsburg plant. I wish they didn't write that!!! :mad:
That's just plainly false since all mk5 GTI's will be made in the Wolfsburg plant. :rolleyes: Ah well at least they gave it a good writeup. :thumbsup:

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, SCC got the Mexico thing wrong. I strongly suggest writing a letter. I just let my subsscription run out this month. It used to be the only great compact/tuning mag, but recently it's been all drama and no content. I think the new issue is less than 100 pages. :frown:

Time to find a decent Euro/VW mag.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
JJ-R32 said:
That's just plainly false since all mk5 GTI's will be made in the Wolfsburg plant. :rolleyes: Ah well at least they gave it a good writeup. :thumbsup:

The four door mk5 GTi's that come to Australia are made in South Africa.

Herby

Autocross Newbie
I like euro tuner, but the mag is soo thin...I'm still amazed though that they have decent comment despite being owned by the same company that owns Super Street and crappy Import Tuner...Super Street is ok, but Import Tunerr...:barf: