GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dual zone worth the extra $$

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
No, the leather seats ain't Recaro's. They're sportseats but not Recaro's. In Europe you can buy leather Recaro seats as option but the standard leather seat aren't Recaro's.

I beg to differ. The TOP SPORT leather seats ARE designed by Recaro. They are not the Recaros that come in the R32 as options---but they ARE Recaro designed. Not like the standard sport seats that are in the Golf GT (which the US Spec gets in cloth).

davesee

FIA GT Champion
the dual climate control does work, very well indeed. Its not the ambient temperature that is different between the two sides of the car - but the air that comes out of the vent that makes the difference. My girlfriend always has her side about 10 degrees warmer than mine and we're both happy.

I would get it for sure if you are ever going to take a long drive with the opposite sex :biggrin:

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
To me the dual looks better (they work great by the way). For me though it was the seats that sealed the deal. leather for me was the only way to go. just my two cents.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
No, the leather seats ain't Recaro's. They're sportseats but not Recaro's. In Europe you can buy leather Recaro seats as option but the standard leather seat aren't Recaro's.

So who makes them? Racaro has made VWs seats for many years. How do your know they don't make these?

katie

Autocross Champion
Looks a lot better even if you ride alone... like me. But I got pkg 2 cause I wanted leather seats. Cloth seats are stinky if you have food in the car.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
Didn't pick up the GTI yet, but I was debating the exact same things. I decided if I do get the car, I'm going to get package 1.

Just to be sure I have this right, with package 2 you get leather seating surfaces, dual zone climate control, and heated seats, right? This package is $3160. Package 1 is $1370.

So you pay $1790 for leather, dual zone, and heated seats. My philsophy went like this:

I've never been a huge fan of leather seats in general. They're hot and sticky in the summer and cold in winter. Plus they need to be cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis. I've always kinda felt people liked leather because it was "supposed" to be upscale. If people were fooled into thinking cloth was fancier, they'd probably rather have that. Anyway, I've just never been a leather fan, but will take it if the car has other options I want. In the case of the GTI, not really.

The only reason you need seat heaters is because the leather gets cold in the winter. Get cloth and not a problem. So that pretty much takes care of how I feel about the seat heaters. The leather has 4 way lumbar, right? I think 2 way is just fine. The seats really didn't feel any different to me in shape. I'm not sure I believe the whole "leather seats are better fitting" thing.

The dual zone can be nice, except that when I go back home to see my folks, both their cars have auto climate (though not dual zone), and I always end up overriding the auto setting and just doing it manually. I usually like to drive with the AC off unless hot, and auto runs it most of the time. Plus I just don't care enough about having two temps. Seems like the air will mix anyway. On top of that, its just more electronics stuff that could go bad or not work right. I'll take a good old dial any day of the week.

The only thing I don't really like much on the cloth is the plaid. But I've warmed up to it now. But for nearly 1800 bucks, I just don't care enough about the extras it gives to spend all that money. Maybe if it was <1000 I would. But that is just a bunch of money.

And so I decided I'd get package 1. Yeah it is a little more "everyday" than the fancier feeling leather and dual zone automatic climate control. But it also means you get the car for a fantastic price but none of those frills that really don't do much.

That's my thought on the whole thing ;)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Jerome81 said:
Didn't pick up the GTI yet, but I was debating the exact same things. I decided if I do get the car, I'm going to get package 1.

Just to be sure I have this right, with package 2 you get leather seating surfaces, dual zone climate control, and heated seats, right? This package is $3160. Package 1 is $1370.

So you pay $1790 for leather, dual zone, and heated seats. My philsophy went like this:

I've never been a huge fan of leather seats in general. They're hot and sticky in the summer and cold in winter. Plus they need to be cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis. I've always kinda felt people liked leather because it was "supposed" to be upscale. If people were fooled into thinking cloth was fancier, they'd probably rather have that. Anyway, I've just never been a leather fan, but will take it if the car has other options I want. In the case of the GTI, not really.

The only reason you need seat heaters is because the leather gets cold in the winter. Get cloth and not a problem. So that pretty much takes care of how I feel about the seat heaters. The leather has 4 way lumbar, right? I think 2 way is just fine. The seats really didn't feel any different to me in shape. I'm not sure I believe the whole "leather seats are better fitting" thing.

The dual zone can be nice, except that when I go back home to see my folks, both their cars have auto climate (though not dual zone), and I always end up overriding the auto setting and just doing it manually. I usually like to drive with the AC off unless hot, and auto runs it most of the time. Plus I just don't care enough about having two temps. Seems like the air will mix anyway. On top of that, its just more electronics stuff that could go bad or not work right. I'll take a good old dial any day of the week.

The only thing I don't really like much on the cloth is the plaid. But I've warmed up to it now. But for nearly 1800 bucks, I just don't care enough about the extras it gives to spend all that money. Maybe if it was <1000 I would. But that is just a bunch of money.

And so I decided I'd get package 1. Yeah it is a little more "everyday" than the fancier feeling leather and dual zone automatic climate control. But it also means you get the car for a fantastic price but none of those frills that really don't do much.

That's my thought on the whole thing ;)

well thought, sir.