GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine management?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Freek said:
yea bro i know all about mods and making a car fast...lol

i was asking him cuz he said he CANT add an exhaust unless he has an engine managment...which is untrue

he CAN, but it would be practically WORTHLESS. My point is why do a 1200 dollar exhaust, when doing a 700 chip would be better to start with. And YES I know you are the shizit when it comes to Fast and the Furious trivia.

-ONE LOVE>

PS: GET A JOB!!!!

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
06_TR_GTI said:
what kind of HP do you think I would have with a Milltek non-resonnated exhaust, Milltek downpipe and APR ECU? I also heard a BOV can add like 1 or 2 HP...is this true?
I'm thinking of getting the Forge Motorsport Switchable Atmospheric Blow Off Valve. Don't really know much about blow off valves....:iono:

close to 270 with 93 octane. BOV gives no additional HP on this car, only sound.

damo

Oval Newbie
GTiMkVtyler

Mate i dont know who told you an exaust would fry your engine. There is absolutly No chance of that, go with your TBE then chip it later whenever you like.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
GTiMkVtyler said:
Having downpipes from the turbo without engine management wouldn't over heat the pistons and completely fry my engine? I think it would cause some damage. I'll just be smart about it and get the chip first

no it wont. Personally id do suspension first to get rid of the huge wheelgap. But a chip w/ a downpipe will have large gains.

GTiMkVtyler

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI MkV
Supratgti said:
im curious... who or what company did you hear that from?

A friend of mine. It sounded logical. I'll still get the chip first since there's not many selections of exhaust out, yet. I've only found one or two. If you guys know of more, please let me know. I need more power and good sound.