GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti vs si at norwalk raceway,oh

gti mkv

Ready to race!
to clear some things up first, i took my gti to the track to answer alot of questions for myself about my gti.i know alot of you are going to give me grief about this, but oh well...let it be. anyways..offical best time i clocked in the 1/4 was 14.646@95.23mph. my gti is very stock...and that time was with the all season continental 17's tires on it, junk in the trunk, a half of a tank, and i spun the tires in first,second and chirped in third. i launch the gti at approx. 3200 rpm's and that was with me feathering the clutch. the tire pressure was lowered to 23 psi for better traction.(kept breaking traction all day) now ladies and gents....for the fun news...went heads up against the new si! the race everyone wanted to see and hear about. even though i had the worst launch of the day against the si, my fast wouldn't let me down. offical times were...si 15.642@89.87mph- gti 15.104@95.19mph! my fast was happy:) and yes i have the time slips too! and i know for a fact that the gti could've done better with a better set of tires

gti mkv

Ready to race!
oh yeah.... that was with the 6 speed manual. Teknophreak_ i went on wednesday and it was 12 bucks..money well spent to offically beat an si

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
Si is junk i test drove one 2 days ago did not like it once i sat on it..i felt a lot more comfortable in the gti and safe...ride was also a lot better in the gti...but anyways nice job with those times

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
You officially beat a terrible driver. I think if you switched cars, you would have beat a GTI.

I mean, let's be serious here for a minute. A 15.6 from ANY car that is capable of mid-14's is pretty terrible.

gti mkv

Ready to race!
Slowride said:
Post the slips. I like looking at 60 ft times, etc.

Also, it seems that these Si drivers who are pulling mid-15's need to have their strip rights revoked.
i'll post'em tommorow morning. got to get my usb. but the 60' times are- Si-2.473 / Gti-2.592. my best 60' time of that day was 2.219

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
slowride just out of curiousity i mean no disrespect by askin why are u in a mk v gti forum if u drive a 06 civic si???

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Rabbit82 said:
slowride just out of curiousity i mean no disrespect by askin why are u in a mk v gti forum if u drive a 06 civic si???

he's spying on us for his civic forums!!!

j/k slowride

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Rabbit82 said:

Probably the same reason you're in here even though you're not driving a MkV...Information :p

No, i'm not being an ass, just commenting :p

gti mkv

Ready to race!
i respect si and scoobys...i admit i had a 89 si with a b16 a1 back in 97 and i still have my 98 rally blue 2.5rs...fun in the snow