GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new golf GT

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
the 1.4tsi and the 2litre diesel seem impressive, with good economy and not too far behind the GTI.

a few of the GT cars ive seen on the street just look pretty normal to me. but now theyve given it a flash body kit. im impressed with this car.

Stephen_uk

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sport
Must admit im disappointed with the price...dont know ehy but thought it might be slightly lower then the entry level £17-18k....

What a way to shape the future though. Wonder which manufacturer comes up with this kind of technology next?

newtogolf

its great stuff theyve come up with, but if your gona spend 20k on a GT, your probably just gona get the GTI for the same price.

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
Thing a GT does not have are sport suspension, sport seats, nice looking interior, nice looking grill.

In a dutch test the GT performance from 0-100 km/h was 7.3 for GT and 6.9 for GTI (MT) so performance and mileage is ok.

It just misses the completeness of the GTI.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
so this is below to gti spec?

newtogolf

if it was a lot cheaper than the GTI it would be a good buy. performance is slightly less than the GTI but its all about decent fuel consumption.

i think what VW need to do is make a GTI with a 2 litre TSI engine. i think a car like that would leave an M3 in the gutter.

newtogolf

cmon tho, 8.2 is not exactly c class slow and the DSG would probably be about 7.9. thats only 1 second behind the GTI.