GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Legal or Not?

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Is it legal in the United States for you to remove the front license plate ?
Ive seen some without the rear or front... Just curious.

laserjock

Autocross Newbie
varies from state to state. Arizona for example only requires the back plate while Texas requires both.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
depends on what state you are in. here in texas it is illegal to drive without the front plate. most of the united states requires them.

ive heard that georgia doesnt require em.

alf

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Illegal in Ohio, but I've never been given a ticket for it. I've done it with my last two vehicles.:iono:

scarymonsterguy

Drag Racing Champion
MA and NH both require you have both plates. but it def varies from stat to state. wich is too bad because they look soooo much better without them on the font.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Scotaku said:
Not in Maryland, neighbor. Drop me a line in about two weeks when I get back from the UK. I'll show you how I mounted my plate without choking off the center grill or drilling holes in the glossy bumper. :biggrin:

Have a safe trip Sco. Enjoy you lucky bastard. (The last time I was there was when I was 13.)
Don't forget to take your camera!

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Scotaku said:
Not in Maryland, neighbor. Drop me a line in about two weeks when I get back from the UK. I'll show you how I mounted my plate without choking off the center grill or drilling holes in the glossy bumper. :biggrin:

:) I will. Thanks.

And thanks for the tip guys... just incase, I live in Maryland.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Is dennykrane allowed to have that as his signature?
In cali, I got ticketed for not having a front plate.

Faerus

Autocross Newbie
Texas_MkV said:
Texas was suppose to get rid of their rule on having no front liscense plate, but it never happened.

...one day... one day...we just have to keep praying. lol.
It's supposed to be illegal, but tons of cars don't have them and the dealerships I visited when I wanted to buy my car did not put on front license plates. The only reason you would get pulled over for it is if they thought you were suspicious. Mine doesn't have one :)