GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver's side glove box

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
Just wondering if anyone else's car came wif the driver's side glove box. I thot only the euro versions had it, so was kinda surprised when i saw it in mine.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
They figured there would be too many blank spots on the maps if they gave us the Nav up here, so I think they are tyring to appease us with the (standard in Canada) drivers side glovie.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
jeez... i didnt relise that only we could get them.. that sucks mate..

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
bennylenny88 said:
jeez... i didnt relise that only we could get them.. that sucks mate..

We have a "nanny" government and insurance companies trying to protect us from ourselves (requirements on knee protection)

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
omg thats the stupidest thing ive heard all day!
so your saying that if you get one you have to raise your insurance?!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Don't waste you money on the factory nav unit. Go buy an aftermarket one.....way better for the money.

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
NorthGTI said:
We have a "nanny" government

Don't get me started on "nanny" government.
Ours create laws and then instead of enforcing the laws they create more laws - and then when they fail because those laws aren't being enforced they feel the need to create more laws..

If some kid hurt himself playing soccer in the street they would ban soccer balls - and when that didn't work they'd ban streets!!!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
lol i know this is out of topic but did you see the news about that hijacker who was allowed to stay in england???

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
bennylenny88 said:
so your saying that if you get one you have to raise your insurance?!

No, it is worse than that. The insurance companies prevent it from even being put in the car at all from the manufacturer.

We can install it ourselves without a penalty.