GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MKV 2.0L Turbo Engine Specifications (extensive technical details)

Herby

Autocross Newbie
Dubdr said:
I grad from UTI on March 10th (only a couple weeks left) and then start VW in April, grad in June and then I will be placed in a VW dealership. Can't wait. I am just excited about the free maintenance on my two MKVs.

Hey Dubdr, how was UTI? Do they start from the absolute basics and teach you well (sorry for the dumb questions) Just wondering, because I plan on attending UTI in LA when I finish college...:thumbup:

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
UTI is great!!! The complaints I hear from the other students is how they are "so far ahead of what they teach". They really do start you out at level one. But they cover all aspects of new cars from engine mang. systems to air bags. They also have hot rod u. It is three, three weeks phases that covers bolt on performance (IE turbos, fuel injection, exhaust, NOS) the two others consist of building a chevy 350, modding it, and installing it in a t bucket and running it on the dyno.
All in all it was a great experience.... check 'em out at UTI.edu. They really helped me. Not to sound too much like a comerical. PM me if you have any other questions.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
I've stuck this thread so this info can't be missed. Everything you wanted to know about the GTI 2.0 turbo engine!

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
What amount of boot does the FSI push (psi wise) stock I didnt see it in the PDF and cant seem to find anything on it anyone know?

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Now...

Can we find the one for the DSG Transmission? That's gotta be a neat one too!

Chris

vwturbo2ltr

Passed Driver's Ed
WOW, thank you for posting this, :clap: now does anyone know what tidbits are forged from the factory. ie crank, rods, pistons??

thanks

RHYS

Ready to race!
Need Advice please
live in Mexico, My GTI arrives in 2 weeks, i want to tune my motor, do not want to send ecu do not have a tunner nearby I have a lap top is there a progrm or connector I need so I can do the upgrade my self or plug and play sort of chip? looking for about 245hp thank you

marco80

Drag Race Newbie
Somebody now, how mush Bar or boost the stock engine have?

I have now MTM chip and the Boost Gauge show 1.4 Bar if I accelerate :evil:

Desert GTI MkV

Ready to race!
Dubdr said:
If I get it, I will see if I can post it.

Hey Dubdr...how goes the training? What dealership are you looking to get into? I go mostly to Larry Miller, but it always helps to know someone else!

Good luck and best wishes!

marco80

Drag Race Newbie
daigo said:
stock will spike at 1.0bar, but it stays around 0.6bar. :burnrubber:

Thnx :thumbsup: