GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MY07 GTi

MKV

Passed Driver's Ed
wonder why launch control wasn't placed on the first set of US MKVs? oh well...i guess i'll have to wait till the '07s come out. with bumper to bumper traffic in Atlanta, the DSG is gonna be clutch. my 6spd now is getting old...

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
29 April is normally when UK VW dealers get the bulletin from VWuk about spec changes and any car ordered after that time is the next model year.
MY07s normally start arriving in june'ish here.

dunski

Go Kart Champion
so the 07 will allow you to actually activate launch control?

awesome, the dsg i drove you just stood on the gas and at 3k rpms it finally launched, burned out through 1st and 2nd

GTT

Touring Car Champion
dunski said:
so the 07 will allow you to actually activate launch control?

awesome, the dsg i drove you just stood on the gas and at 3k rpms it finally launched, burned out through 1st and 2nd

Really? I didn't do that during my test drive. I just progressively pushed the loud pedal and that sweatheart of an engine just pulled.

The actual launch control is used with the brake pedal. You hold the brake and apply the throttle. The engine revs up to around 3000rpm, and then the clutch grabs and off you shoot.
It's about .2-.3 sec. quicker to 60 and the 1/4. The fastest time I've seen on a LC GTI
was 6.0 sec. 0-60. That's quite impressive!

But, I don't know when they will build the '07 GTI's for the US with the LC.
I'm surprised that that the chip tuners haven't turned LC on in thier reprogramming?

TT

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
One change...it'll be a Rabbit :)

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
July 2007's... Launch Control introduced , and the long awaited 5-door.

Achtung!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
z3speed4me said:
perfect, jus when im buying one...hopefully the blue comes!
Friends in Germany say Blue in Europe only.. no U.S. bound Blue. Sorry!

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
I may sell/trade my 6sp for a DSG w/launch control once demand tapers off--I like the 6sp, but love driving the DSG, and it is more suited to the type of driving that I do. Plus some townie just hit my drivers side door, I'm going to end up having half the car painted anyway . . . .:mad:

Or I might just buy the 07 Audi TT . . . . . . .:wub:

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Here in Canada ours were launched as a 2007, we are waiting for 18's,5 door and launch control, but as I understand it, they will continue to be released as 2007's. We expect these features to show up as summer turns in to fall.......

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The info I read said it would only be a two year run anyway. Better get one while we can.