GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb Replacement Guide

Low Beam: D2S OEM is 4300K

Center "Flash To Pass": H7

Fog Lights: 9006

Front Signal: Philips 12356 Very hard to find!

Front Parking lights: 192/168

Rear tail lights: 1156 (Single Filament)

Interior dome lights : 192/168

Rear hatch light: 3175 39mm
License Plate Lights: 3175 39mm
Foot Well Lights: 3175 39mm (MAYBE)

Last edited:

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
I thought they were Bi-Xenon headlights... meaning that the high and low beam should be using the same bulb? Since all that controls the light output is a retractable internal shield around the xenons (they retract when the high beams are on).

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Great thread none-the-less!

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome info!! Thanks for putting this together. Also copied to the DIY forum and sticky'd.

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
But those centre lights have been mentioned as the "flash to pass" lights on many threads out there. I currently don't have a GTI sitting outside, so I cannot confirm nor deny this... which is basically an assumption by the information given to me. Just trying to figure out what light does what and when.

I STAND CORRECTED! They are Bi-Xenon. Just tested them. When you have the lights on, the brights and flash to pass are the same thing, on the projector. With the lights off (DRL only), the Flash to Pass is the center. Weird to me, but gotta love the Germans. But hey, there is room for error on this board at least.

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, sounds good.

Hey, not everyone is perfect, I know I certainly am not.... well, maybe only 95% of the time I am. j/k :tongue: