GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 bumper swap

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
Thinking of swapping the GTI bumper for the R32 bumper, what do you guys think?? :iono: Also anyone know if a bumper replacement would be a hard DIY?

Attachments

• R32-162.jpg
    R32-162.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,031

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Bumper replacement is usually not hard at all. However I personally have never dealt with the GTI/R32 swap. But honestly the GTI's bumper looks better than the R32 bumper to me. Plus your car would be a fake and that's a big no-no in my book :thumbdown:

kuhla

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XL
Bouston said:
Bumper replacement is usually not hard at all. However I personally have never dealt with the GTI/R32 swap. But honestly the GTI's bumper looks better than the R32 bumper to me. Plus your car would be a fake and that's a big no-no in my book :thumbdown:

GTI bumper looks better IMHO and as for the fake part......agreed.....its almost on par with putting a VTEC sticker on your car (when it isn't...) in my book :cool: so yea.....

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks all for your input. Just curious what everyone thought. I never even thought of the whole "posing" as an R32 thing to be honest but I'll take that into consideration. Maybe I'll get the Jetta chrome front instead. Just wanted to be a little different than stock and have a little bit of chrome up front :biggrin: (or go completely blacked-out) :wink:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
yeah,. i recomend that you dont change the front of ur gti, on the cobalt ss forums, some people would get the SS body kit on their cobalts, we all got really mad, because people would race it, and say its a true SS. they raced and got beat badly because the only good cobalt was a supercharged one. the rest of them sucked.

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
I will chime in too, Dont change the bumper. The GTI honeycomb grill for that Yawn... R32? That is the one thing I dont like about the R32. May I ask why you would do that? :iono:

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
I guess I was mesmerized by the chrome :biggrin: Looking to just swap for the Jetta grill or just getting the aftermarket chrome GTI front grill or going completely opposite and blacking it all out

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
If you put a chrome grill on your GTI, it would look like a MK V Golf. It's unusual that the GTI came out before the regular Golf, but when it does there will many more Golfs than GTIs on the street.

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
//caliber\\ said:
I guess I was mesmerized by the chrome :biggrin: Looking to just swap for the Jetta grill or just getting the aftermarket chrome GTI front grill or going completely opposite and blacking it all out

I see, The black out would be cool :w00t:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
if you want to have a "different" look and dont care about being fake.......

why dont you consider getting the rear R32 bumper, which is the R32s best aspect?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I just like the exhaust set up from the bumper on the R32, but I get confused when I see Honda Civic's with Integra front bumpers....so I'm sure I could be scratching my head on this one too...plus you know if a car see's R32, they could expect you to be quicker than you really are?!? food for thought