GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Engine Cover Removal

So here is an Engine Cover Removal DIY with PIX!

First, remove these metal clips going from the filter to the manifold.

Now unclip or unscrew (if you want) the O2 Sensor.

Remove the clip holding the Intake box to the cover.

Now pull at the front of the cover first. It seems really hard, but you shouldn't break anything. Then full on the right corner. Follow the X's

This is what it looks like afterward. Remove each rubber pieces from the posts. Mine had one on the bottom left.

Shove the rubber pieces back into place on cover.

Now place the cover back one. Slam down on each area where the posts are to ensure installation. Give the cover a little tug to check.

DON'T FORGET TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING!

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
So it looks like the engine cover actually contains part of the intake duct? Thats odd.

How do you like the neuspeed intake?

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I sure hope someone comes out with an engine cover that can be installed along with an aftermarket intake. I prefer a cleaner look.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
so what benifits does the nuespeed intake have over stock, is there a increase in induction sound and also power?

is there one with a shielded filter to stop the hot air being sucked in like a cold air intake to the front bar or something like that, and also how much do they cost.

SSS_Hoon

BlAcKwIdOw29

3124/5000
I've had the p-flow for about a month now, and I think it's great. The intake sound is much louder and deeper, and the diverter valve is much louder also. The only performance gains that I could tell was that there's more power in the higher RPMs thats about it. I got mine from esetuning.com for under $200+free shipping.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Bouston said:
I sure hope someone comes out with an engine cover that can be installed along with an aftermarket intake. I prefer a cleaner look.
x2

Myla296

thank you so much...I drove through high water and have been working on removing the cover to at the air filter, etc. I finally got it off, after breaking the front edge BEFORE I found your post. :)