GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order a GTI or wait for the new CIVIC TYPE R (Pictures)

Ant1974

Ready to race!
Bouston said:
The interior of the Si looks very nice, but also a little too cluttered. Also this car is still just a concept. So you might be waiting a long time for something that will never be.

The interior shown above is the Euro spec civic on the market since Jan 06.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Bouston said:
The interior of the Si looks very nice, but also a little too cluttered. Also this car is still just a concept. So you might be waiting a long time for something that will never be.

Nope, not a concept - we've got a couple of them running about town (looks like a mix between an old Battlestar 1980s Cylon and a stealth fighter), and I'm probably gonna take one out on a test in the next couple of weeks just to see what they're like.

Wouldn't trade my GTI for it though, no way. I know that already.

desmoface

Passed Driver's Ed
What are the hp and torque numbers on the honda? Is it the same motor thats in the si? Thanks in advance.

Steve

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
It looks like Honda is trying to hard. The things they put in the interior are too wild for my taste, and I like the sporty comfort feeling I get in my GTI. Its like in 2 Fast and 2 Furious, when they thought street glow was the coolest thing ever....hmm? Misinformed

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Ant1974 said:
I agree with the old si (our Type r) on the interior. The new interior is something else. This is the Standard (not Type R)Euro civic interior which is on our roads now.

That interior is NOT available in the US.
The Si in the US does get some decent sport seats, but there is no leather option.
That dash in the pic,. also has navigation. I'm not sure if the US Si will get it, but if it does it'll be around $2000.

I saw the Si at the Chicago auto show. It isn't bad for about $20k, but that's all it looks like it's worth. The interior is decent, nothing special. The GTI is a much nicer place to be.
Also, the US Si gets red lit dash, opposed to the blue of the standard Civic.

When comparing the Si to the GTI, be SURE to compare like for like. Don't use a mag. review that has every package option including heated leather seats, sunroof, headlight washers, etc...
that pushes the GTI price up. Equally optioned, better much basic, the GTI and Si are closely matched in price. If you need the info. go check edmunds.com for the base prices and base equipment for a more equal comparison.

TT

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
LivEToDrivE said:
Its like in 2 Fast and 2 Furious, when they thought street glow was the coolest thing ever....hmm? Misinformed

:laugh: Also I didn't know that this car was already out. It looks like it's from the year 2020.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Also why is a Honda Civic on web-site named "SUPERCARS.net" anyways? :iono:

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
I think the civic downright out rivals any other entry level competitor with it's new interior design. Although the new GTi is a great looking car, i must admit the interior looks just par.

But TypeR's are THEE top of the line. Excellent engines and will last also. If I lived in Europe or Japan, I would get one probably. Those cars have so many parts available when they first come out it's astonishing. Turbo kits, intakes, Stage III chips, everything!

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
This Hatchback Civic is uglier than the Hybrid and think of that double deck dash??? Its so cheesy. ITS VERY UGLY CAR. The Current Si I think is nice but this one no.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
TeknoGroover said:
But TypeR's are THEE top of the line. Excellent engines and will last also. If I lived in Europe or Japan, I would get one probably. Those cars have so many parts available when they first come out it's astonishing. Turbo kits, intakes, Stage III chips, everything!

You have to add the turbo kits to these cars. And, when you do, you better know what you're doing or pay a lot for someone who know's what they are doing.
Most people, so called "modders", don't know anything about adding turbo's. Most guys get big heavy wheels and an even bigger heavier stereo.

Putting those tubo "kits" on takes knowledge. Yes, there are go fast parts for Honda's, but there are go fast parts for most cars. Honda just happens to sell quite well and the econonomy of scale makes parts price lower, thus it's considered a good mod car. But, it takes as much knowledge to pump up normally aspirated power in any brand. It's just that it cost more on certian brands like BMW's and MB's.

The GTI and stock turbo cars are MUCH more fun for the shady tree modder who can get more power by giving up some cash to someone who knows the ECU code and can rewrite it.
Cheaper and for the money, VERY effective. Honda doesn't have that.
Start turboing NA engines and you better know what you're doing and have the cash to back it up.

TT

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
How much of the interior will remain..

The Type-R is a lightened version of the the Civic and they strip stuff out to get the kerb weight down and the power to weight ratio up...

They are about 600 pounds lighter than the GTI with similar power output - but they do need to be revved hard to keep them moving quickly..

A good car in the "Boy Racer" mould - but not for me...

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
In the US the gti outperforms the civic si in every way including interior the civ has no option for leather and the nav option is still not offered.

I disagree here...

I have been researching these cars very thoroughly, and the 06 Si has outperformed the GTI in some places and the GTI has outperformed the 06 Si in some places. Also, subtract DSG and the GTI loses 0.4-0.5 in the 0-60, right?

What car doesn't have the Nav option? The Si I sat in last week had Nav.