2006 TR GTI
:) Finally Home :D

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
im thinking of going the neuspeed/bilstein route, but im kinda on a budget :(

it handles great now, but i also believe, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

StookMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey congrats! Man the US car rides really high, surprises me everytime I see it :) Suspension companies are gonna bank off the GTI !

Done with break-in yet?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
StookMK5 said:
Hey congrats! Man the US car rides really high, surprises me everytime I see it :) Suspension companies are gonna bank off the GTI !

Done with break-in yet?
nope, i barely have 260 miles on the ODO. lol.

marcinek said:
Very nice!

Lower it and get some rims on it next!
I hated it when people would always say, just lower and it'll be sweet. I would always say back, "If you want it lowered, go ahead, pay for it and do it, and you better have a guarantee on your work." I understand having the car lowered makes it look more sporty and sleek, but some people like me, live in a town that the dips are deep. I've cracked my front bumper 3 times onmy Accord.

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
TeknoGroover said:
I hated it when people would always say, just lower and it'll be sweet. I would always say back, "If you want it lowered, go ahead, pay for it and do it, and you better have a guarantee on your work." I understand having the car lowered makes it look more sporty and sleek, but some people like me, live in a town that the dips are deep. I've cracked my front bumper 3 times onmy Accord.
Then lowering isnt for you lol. The roads around here are pretty good. Having a lowered car also means you have to drive differently...

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Nice pic.... looking good!

TeknoGroover said:

Tekno, im not trying to say you fit this profile, but all the lowered hondas in my area go way to low w/ cut springs... giving their shox a workout trying to stop the car from bouncing.

I think if you were to use euro springs you should be alright.
as the only real reason we have higher gtis in the states is to save us from the damn mothers in the suvs :thumbdown:

true the car looks better when it is lowered, but i get suspension to handle better:thumbup:

Sorry to stray from the post, your car is nice, post it in the Golf Garage.
that pic from above is sick!
I am sad to see they drilled into your front bumper:cry:

Last edited:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Howdy pawt'na!! Dat sure iz a purdy car ya got thur :laugh:

I was just mess'en with ya about the slang. I'm from Houston too. Look at my screen name. Boosting + Houston = Bouston :biggrin:

Anterrabae

Banned
DAMN this ride is HOT

what would REALLY set it off is a set of staggered 19s

TOTALLY 8.5 up front and 9.5 in the back

BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIN