GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well...it was either the GTI or the Si, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
Word. I think most of us here are generally nuts about great performing cars. The SI and GTI are both on the top of the list for the price. There are some brand loyalists, but you can't hate on the SI.

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
I hate to say it bro...you bought the wrong car. It is all about what a person want's.

The VW GTI has a legacy. You really can not compare a car like the Honda to VW who's origins come from Ferdinand Porsche.

But, you obviously like the Honda, thats why you bought it.

Personally, I want to buy the new GTI because before too long, German cars will no longer be made in Germany

Good luck with your new ride. :drinking:

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 950

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
GolfUberAlles said:
I hate to say it bro...you bought the wrong car. It is all about what a person want's.

I don't think it is the "wrong" car...it is just a different car.

I really wish I could have found mine in Habanero Red, since it plays with light so well.

KharatosGTI said:
Congratulations on the purchase! Great car!

Nobody's gonna make you an enemy around here since we are not 16 year old ricer boys. But I do think, however, that you are missing out. Although it doesn't matter now, what's done is already done. As long as you are happy with it that's all it matters, enjoy the new ride!

Check out www.clubsi.com sometimes.

I have a few friends that have been in both the dub scene and the honda scene... and they usually say that when you see another dub it is the flash of the lights, thumbs up, sweet car attitude... where as when hondas see eachother they dis eachothers cars get pissed when they loose races against one another... and so on.

i think im just trying to say
Nobody's gonna make you an enemy around here since we are not 16 year old ricer boys.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
You chose the Si without even driving the GTI? Yikes...well, I hope you made the right decision. There are a lot of great things about the Si, like the tighter steering and better price, but the truly big thing should have been whether or not, based on the driving experience, the GTI was worth the extra money.

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. Buy what you like. Both cars are outstanding, and either one will make you happy. Back in 1999 I was debating the Civic SiR and the GTI VR6. I went with the SiR because it appealed to me more (I had the first one in town). Seven years and 170k kms later I don't regret the decision in the least. This time around, the GTI is my front-runner, in four-door form. Just a more appealing car to me.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
KharatosGTI said:
Pics !!! :smile:

I will get some shortly. We have ice and rain here, so I won't bother until we get a little sun and some good lighting.

Also, did you all see this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060302/ap_on_bi_ge/autos_consumer_reports

After Lexus, Honda and Toyota, the brands rounding out the top ten for reliability were Mitsubishi, Subaru, Acura, Scion, Mercury, Mazda and Suzuki. The ten lowest-rated brands were Audi, Infiniti, Saturn, Lincoln, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Hummer and Porsche.

That article makes me feel a little better about my purchase, at least from a resale stand point :). I don't have the actual issue yet, but I would like to see the testing categories and scores.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
^ Ouch. I haven't bought my GTI yet, but I thought VWs, Audis, BMWs, etc. were known for their supierior German engineering?

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Slowride said:
I will get some shortly. We have ice and rain here, so I won't bother until we get a little sun and some good lighting.

Also, did you all see this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060302/ap_on_bi_ge/autos_consumer_reports

That article makes me feel a little better about my purchase, at least from a resale stand point :). I don't have the actual issue yet, but I would like to see the testing categories and scores.

Cool!

Yeah I've read about it in a couple of forums, well I'll be reporting problems as I go along my ownership, nothing yet so far lol but of course I only had it for a week haha. :biggrin:

dmclone

Oval Champion
That's kind of funny that they list Porshe as being one of the most unreliable. Check out JD powers.

In news that will surprise few, Lexus tops this year's VDS, while still registering a 14-percent improvement along the way. The LS430 becomes the first vehicle in the VDS to demonstrate an average of less than one problem in the first 36 months of ownership with a PP100 of 90 - a stunning accomplishment. Closely following are Porsche (this year's most-improved), Lincoln, Buick, Cadillac, and Infiniti.

Status
Not open for further replies.