GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
United Gray, 6 spd., package #2 w/ XM for 24,150. OF course not including Tax, title, blah blah blah...

ejconcepcion

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
PKG 2, XM, DSG, Monster Mats, Candy White. I wanted the navi, but the dealer told me they would not have one for another month.

25,000 plus tax, lic., etc.

Nice forum BTW!

chopstik

Ready to race!
ejconcepcion said:
PKG 2, XM, DSG, Monster Mats, Candy White. I wanted the navi, but the dealer told me they would not have one for another month.

25,000 plus tax, lic., etc.

Nice forum BTW!

i was offered from the dealer $25,419 for package 2 and 18" wheels, no nav......is that a good price????? or should i ask for less, like 25000$??? invoice was 24,919$......

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
depends on whether or not that figure included tags, title, registration, etc? if it did then thats descent, if its not...whats the msrp for those options including shipping?

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
thats a descent deal, see the best thing to do, is go to edmonds.com or something like that, and make a competition from dealerships...every dealership at somepoint will want your business because they want to sell the most cars, so if you say one dealership offered you this, and showed proof to another, they'll probably go lower, unless somebody gave you a rediculous deal...thats what I did, and I got a United Gray, package 2 w/ Xm for 25,000 1700 under MSRP I believe

chopstik

Ready to race!
LivEToDrivE said:
thats a descent deal, see the best thing to do, is go to edmonds.com or something like that, and make a competition from dealerships...every dealership at somepoint will want your business because they want to sell the most cars, so if you say one dealership offered you this, and showed proof to another, they'll probably go lower, unless somebody gave you a rediculous deal...thats what I did, and I got a United Gray, package 2 w/ Xm for 25,000 1700 under MSRP I believe

yeah...he showed me the paper with the invoice and msrp...msrp was 26,XXX$, and he was offering it to me for 25,419.......should i just offer $25K??????and no, it didn't include tax and all that good stuff.....

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
I think you should go 1000K under msrp, and see what he says...then if you want, see if another near by dealership can beat it....its not illegal or anything, just playing it smart

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Before taxes, title, and registration, my package 0 with 17" wheels and 6-speed manual will cost me less than $100 over invoice.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
some of you get shafted cus of where you are for your taxes, tags, and reg add on finances...Virginia suck's dont get me wrong, but jeez...I just got an additional 500 back for owning a second VW in the family..haha suprise check in the mail is great. That puts me at 25150, for a United Gray, Package 2 XM, manual out the door, taxes and everything...I think I did good for myself