GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch control

GTi Crow

Passed Driver's Ed
SlyOne said:
Yes it does on the DSG. I user it to run other "pimped rides :)

Heard a couple of explanations on how to use Launch Control, but some of them are a bit hazy. Since you have used it can you explain the steps required and the effect (like does it create heaps of wheel spin or how much different than normal tromping of the pedal etc.).

I have now nearly 5,000 km up and want to try launch control but want to know details first.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I just remember:

- putting it into (S) sport mode ?
- turn off traction control
- left foot on brake
- plant the accelerator

At this point the car should be sitting on 2500rpm or so then you just ease off the brakes and away you go. It gives about a second or two of wheel spin but you're going forward not sitting on the spot :)

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah you need to turn off the traction control, i think it also works in manual mode also not too sure.

as for the wheel spin there isnt that much if u get it right.

i tried all modes with a gtech and sports mode was faster to the 100 by half a second.

SSS_Hoon

au-gti

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
SSS_Hoon said:
yeah you need to turn off the traction control, i think it also works in manual mode also not too sure.

as for the wheel spin there isnt that much if u get it right.

i tried all modes with a gtech and sports mode was faster to the 100 by half a second.

SSS_Hoon

If you have your foot flat down it wheel spins for most of the first gear but its hell fun :) and it really kicks you back in your seat.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
au-gti said:
If you have your foot flat down it wheel spins for most of the first gear but its hell fun :) and it really kicks you back in your seat.

yeah and a nice way to waste a set of very exxy tires too :biggrin:

that is y u ease off the brake and dont ahve ya foot flat to the floor, but that is just me i never drive any car with my foot flat to the floor never not once.

SSS_Hoon

au-gti

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Gone thought 2 tyres already :(

It takes a bit of practice but I often have it floored. In the events I do I need to get to about 120km as fast as i can then its the brakes flat to the floor just before abs kicks in. If that kicks in then I release it a bit with my toe to get the maximum braking efficiency