GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radar Detectors & Bluetooth access...

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Go with the 8500 x50. The range is amazing. If you do not go with the V1 or the 8500 then don't get anything. Everything else is a waste of money.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
so I guess you really can't go wrong w/ either V1 or Passport 8500?

GTI2007

you guys may be lucky you live in America. If you were caught here in Belgium with a radar detector in your car, the cops confiscate the radar detector and if you have bad luck they could also confiscate your car

confiscate huh... like in elementry school where they take away your sling shot??? do you get a chance to get it back if they call your parents?:iono:

GTI2007

I don't think so. There was an article in today's newspaper about a guy with a BMW X5 who had a radar detector in his car. They stopped him because he braked hard when almost at the radar post and the cops found it suspicious and so they stopped him and they found the radar detector and confiscated the radar detector and his BMX X5. Now the cops are going to ask the judge to forfeit the car and if the judge agrees with that the cops will sell the car and the money goes to the state

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Reply to GTi Fanatic
"crazy that the v1 is from 1992"

Yep, it's updated as technology gets out. You send the unit in and they upgrade the internals. If you miss an upgrade (as I did on one of my V1's), you pay a bit more and they send you a completely new unit.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Sinjin said:
Anyone have experience with Uniden Beartracker system? I think it is BTC7 or BCT8. It is a scanner that can track where Highway Patrol are within 3 miles. I was thinking this might be better than a radar detector. Just looking at options.
Had one of those (it's in storage somewhere, can't seem to find it), but I wouldn't use it instead of a radar detector. The warning light and buzzer false all the time, so I turned it off. It's nice to listen to sometimes, though -- you might hear the cops get dispatched to an accident, so you have time to plan your alternate route before traffic gets too heavy.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
So you cant have the blue tooth set up form your car to your phone yet? when they do how would you go about getting it hooked up.... parts and labor wise?

Onikage

Passed Driver's Ed
In California, US radar detectors are not illegal but radar jammers are. If you are found to have a radar jammer in your vehicle it will be confiscated and you shall be fined. Your vehicle is subject to impound as well.