GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

MarkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Went to the dealer today to set up my purchase. 6-speed manual, 18's, and Package One for about 24,000. Can't wait to get it!

chopstik

Ready to race!
MarkVGTI said:
Went to the dealer today to set up my purchase. 6-speed manual, 18's, and Package One for about 24,000. Can't wait to get it!

how much do taxes, title, and license usually cost in addition???

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Depends on where you live, every state is usually different but here in VA its about 900 extra for all the taxes and tags and junk, then 630 for freight

heffergm

LivEToDrivE said:
some of you get shafted cus of where you are for your taxes, tags, and reg add on finances...Virginia suck's dont get me wrong, but jeez...I just got an additional 500 back for owning a second VW in the family..haha suprise check in the mail is great. That puts me at 25150, for a United Gray, Package 2 XM, manual out the door, taxes and everything...I think I did good for myself

I don't quite understand why you think VA sucks with regards to tax. The only thing you should be paying when you sign for the car is a 3% title tax, which is pretty minimal compared to most states. Of course paying property tax every year blows, but oh well...

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
yea in VA its a 3.2% sales tax, then property taxes are payed every other year....so its not fun...I didn't say it like VA was the worst, I said it like VA isn't the best state to buy a car, but I'll deal with it

GTT

Touring Car Champion
People, PLEASE, stop posting the total cost.
It is of no importance what the total cost was is with the taxes and title and etc...
Those charges vary from state to state and from loan to loan.
No one can make a fair assessment of comparability when people list overall price which can include a number of variables.

Please, simply list the price of the GTI before any other taxes, fees, registrations, etc...
It's the only real number that people can use anyway.

Thanks.

TT

bigdyno

I don't know about stateside, but up here in Canada Sunoco 94 is an ethanol enriched fuel. I t is good for the numbers, but it doesn't make the same as good old dino juice. Also, there are some rubber and plastic parts in the fuel systems that don't like ethanol and you can actually do damage to some parts.
My car is costing me $35,6?? (cad) after all taxes and delivery, the only other thing I have to pay is for a plate. I am only optioning in the sun roof, but the car up here is a little different in standard trim, what exactally I am not sure. Are you guys getting the 18's delivered in the states yet?

chopstik

Ready to race!
bigdyno said:
BTW $30,500 is my no tax number (cad)

the salesman just called again....offered me 350$ over invoice........so about $25,200 for package 2 with 18's, mats, no nav.........should i do it or hold out some more???

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I work for a dealership group that has a VW store across the street. I would think I should warrant an invoice deal but haven't asked since I'm not prepared to buy for at least a month. The documentation fees have gotten out of hand here in Raleigh NC, I'd say the average is $300-350. Even at 500 over, I'd feel like I got a good deal as it felt like one helluva $22,700 car!!

ejconcepcion

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
One thing I noticed when I bought my GTI. The invoice price they show you at the dealership is different than the invoice price listed at edmunds.com or kbb.com. I didn't even pay attention to the "invoice paperwork" they show you.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
the thing with edmonds and online services like them, is that their invoice prices, are an estimated invoice price...the best way to find out true stats, are to go to your bank, they usually have a book of invoice prices for new cars there, so that way when you do the loan thing, your info is already available

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I got my GTI United Grey with the Package 1 Rubber mats and gorrila trunk liner for $23,175, MSP was $24,175, and dealer invoice was $22,175. That includes destination. I also got oem cloth floor mats at no charge...not sure if that was just me? My wife went the next day after we picked it up to the DMV and got MY FAST for our plates!!!